Chapter 7: Fuel to live

Kevin threw his phone. He wasn't mad at Double D, he was sure who he was mad at. Himself maybe. He knew that eventually this would have to be discussed but not today, not so soon. He wanted his cuts to heal and the scars to become faded before Eddward asked about it, or even noticed it. He felt...broken. Kevin wiped the tears away from his eyes and slipped on his sandals and headed out the door. He had no clue what to say but he knew it was now or never. 

*knock knock* 

Edd looked through the peep hole to see who was at the door; it was kevin. Edd watched for a few moments to tale note. Levin ran his hand through his hair and wiped what seemed to be tears from his eyes. Edd's stomach turned with butterflies. He was nervous but he was full of hope that this could be the start of something better. Kevin knocked again; Double D opened the door.

"Hello kevin"

"Hi Double D" kevin seemed to fidget with anxiety. 

"Come on in" 

Kevin entered Double D's house and took note of the cleanliness and organization. 

Edd stood back and watched as Kevin looked around in bewilderment. 

"Please have a seat" Edd said as he directed kevin to the front room.Edd looked at the front room and frowned. He can't remember the last time he sat in this room.

"Actually lets just go in my room" Edd said not wanting to stirrup memories for himself.

Kevin didn't really know what to say to Edd so he just listened as he told him to go in the front room and watched as the life seemed to drain out of Double D when the room came into sight. Kevin then followed Edd up the stairs to his room. Kevin looked at Edd as his skeleton like figure seemed tocrack and   cave as he made his way upstairs. At that moment kevin became aware of the state Edd was in.

The two sat on the bed, the tension that built between them was full of anxiety, fear, and care. Kevin spoke first.

"I know we are hear to speak of me, but I think you have a secret too."

"Alright kevin, it's true. I have decided to bring this up with you now because I want is to work. I really do. Yet I know we can't work if we, as individuals are broken." Edd looked at kevins arms, they were left exposed because of his tank top. 

Kevin quickly noticed and placed his hand instinctively over his scars. 

"I don't do it anymore"

"When was the last time, if you don't mind me asking. I see a wound that has yet to heal."

"A few days ago, when my previous relationship failed."

"You hurt yourself because of relationship issues!?" Edd asked terrified

"No! No! I wasn't thinking properly. I was scared I was going to be stuck in a trail of empty relationship. I just wanted to feel something!" Kevin was in tears. He ran his hand through his already messy hair and buried his head in his lap. "I just wanted to feel something" he repeated.

Double D was stunned. He never expected this from kevin, yet, as he watched kevin burry his head he felt obligated to comfort him and make sure he never felt this way again. He scooted over to kevin and pulled his head up and looked into his eyes. 

"You don't ever need to do that again. I am here for you. I promise" Edd said this with tears running down his own face. Kevin seeing this wiped them away and kissed him softly. 

""Thank you" 

The two stayed wrapped in each others embrace for only moments. Kevin looked into Double d's eyes and said, "why do you do that to yourself?".