Chapter Five

"Louis is really sorry about what happened." Niall told me. He sat in my computer chair playing with a football. I shrugged.

"It's not his fault. I'm sick and that's the stuff that happens with me sometimes." He nodded. "Yea but if I didn't say the things I said, you wouldn't have freaked out. I'm sorry I said those things. I just want what's best for you mate."

"It's nothing really." He nodded.

A knock was heard on my door, followed by my mother walking in. "Harry, you have an appointment in a few minutes. You should leave now if you don't want to be late." I nodded and she walked back out.

Niall got up and grabbed his bag. "I guess I'll go home now." I also got up, shaking my head. "You could come with me if you want. They never take long." 

Niall seemed surprise. "You trust me enough to come along?"

"I'll need to let people in sometime. You're the only one I can trust at the moment. As much as you're a pain in my ass." He laughed even if I was serious.

We walked to the office since it wasn't very far. Niall talked the whole time, which I didn't mind. I wasn't really a talker.

I was greeted by Mary the second I stepped in. "Harry, how good to see you. Who is this?" She nodded towards Niall. He smiled. "I'm Niall. I'm a friend of Harry's." Mary nodded.

"Dr. Parson is ready to see you. I'm sorry but your friend has to wait here." I nodded and told Niall to take a seat. I walked down the hall and knocked on the familiar door before walking in. I wasn't going to wait. I had Niall waiting after me.

Dr. Parson looked up and smiled when she saw me. "Take a seat Harry." I did as told.

"Have you been taking your medication?" I nodded. "Do you feel a difference?"

"I can't hear the voice anymore. The rats also left."

"That's good. Any secondary effect?"

"Not that I know of."

"How is school? Have you met a girl you like maybe?"

No. But your boyfriend is pretty interesting.

"School is fine. There's this guy who likes me and we kissed." She looked taken back a little but recovered quickly.

"Do you like him?"

"I'm not gay." She nodded.

"Are we done? Someone is waiting for me in the waiting room." She smiled. "A friend?"

"A pain in my ass actually. But I'm starting to get used to him being around."

"That's good. You need to let people in." I rolled my eyes. I used to like this women but ever since I met her boyfriend, she seems to get on my nerves.

I don't know why.

"Can I go now?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded. She didn't have time to say anything else before I walked out the door. I could hear Niall talking loudly as I walked down the hall.

Of course he was making friends with whoever walked through the front entrance.

My breath caught in my throat when I spotted his new friend. Liam.

Niall looked up at me then. "Harry! Come over here, this guy is mental!" He frowned a little at what he said. "I didn't mean it like that. Sorry. I meant great. This guy is great."

Liam chuckled. "It's nice to see you again Harry. How was your appointment?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Pretty boring. Is she always that boring?" I didn't have time to stop the words from leaving my mouth.

He smiled a little. "Most of the time, yes. Don't tell her I said that." I frowned a little. He wasn't hiding that he found her boring.

Maybe their relationship wasn't all that great.

"Liam, please tell Harry there's nothing wrong with being with another guy. I keep trying to tell him but he won't listen." Niall told him. Liam raised an eyebrow.

Here it goes. He was going to think I'm a queer.

"I don't see the problem is liking another guy. What is it, you have your eye on someone?" He asked. I shook my head.

But Niall had to say something. "The hottest guy in school is into him. They kissed and everything. And the guy doesn't even care that Harry is sick but he thinks that being gay is wrong." Liam listened to everything he said.

"Why would it be wrong?" He asked me. This time, Niall didn't answer for me. He knew this was something more personal then my liking in men.

"The voice said so." I mumbled. Liam quickly got up. He somehow had a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Is that your only hallucination? Or is there more? Where does the voice come from?" Both Niall and I stared at him in surprise. He was eager to know all of this information.

Niall got up and put a hand on Liam's shoulder, pulling him back a bit. "That's a little personal." Niall told him. The excitement in Liam's eyes slowly disappeared.

"Right. Sorry Harry. I was just a little curious." I looked down a my feet, not knowing what to do anymore.

"We have to go Niall." I told him.

"So soon?" Liam asked. I looked up at him and nodded. "I only came here for my appointment. It's done so now I have to leave."

"Right. Well it was nice seeing you again." I smiled slightly and walked out, Niall following behind me.

The walk back was the same. Niall talked the whole time. Only this time I wasn't listening because a certain brown eyed men was taking all my attention.