Chapter Nineteen

I knocked as hard as I could on the door. It was dark out and the house's lights were all out. I wasn't sure what time it was but this couldn't wait.

No lights turned on and no one answered the door. I knocked harder this time. "Louis! Open the door!" I yelled in hopes that he would hear me. I knew he did when the light of his bedroom opened.

I took a step back and waited for him to come down. A few moments later, the front door was opened. Louis looked at me with a tired smile and eyes. "Harry, what are you doing here? It's two in the morning."

I frowned and looked up at the sky. "Is it? Time just passes by so fast." I looked back at Louis who seemed to  be waiting for an answer to his question. "I needed to talk to you and it couldn't wait." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow, waiting. I took another step back, hoping he would understand. He stepped out and closed the door behind him. He put his hands in the pockets of his pyjamas and leaned his back on the door. "What is it Harry?"

I looked down at my feet, scared of what was to happen. It was something I needed to do but I knew that I might regret it later.

"I think we need to break up." I said, slowly looking up to see his reaction. His face fell and he leaned off the door. "What do you mean?" He asked, taking a step towards me. "I mean that we're breaking up Louis. It's over."

His eyes started to water up and he slightly shook his head. "But everything was going so well."  I shuffled on feet, starting to feel uncomfortable.

I shrugged. "It wasn't for me. I'm sorry."  He sobbed, wiping his tears away. He was heartbroken and it hurt to see him like this.

"I love you though." He whispered. My eyes widened for a moment. Love? This was more serious then I thought.

"Anything that wasn't right, we can fix it." Louis tried convincing me. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh. "You're making it harder then it needs to be Louis."

He gasped at me. "How dare you say such a thing? I'm in love and fighting to keep it going. I always have. You never did anything for this relationship. So sorry for caring about you that much."

I froze in the spot. As sad as it was, he was right. I wasn't going to admit that out loud but I wasn't going to be rude either.

Louis let out a sigh. "Can we just talk about this in the morning?" He asked. I nodded and turned around to leave. Louis grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "You can't walk home at such a time. You can use our guest room."

I really didn't want to stay but knew that I needed to. Louis would never let me leave and it was getting dark anyways.

I agreed and walked in the house with him. His mother was standing at the bottom of the steps, waiting. "What's going on? Louis, have you been crying?"  She grabbed his chin to see better but he pulled away. "It's nothing. Harry will spend the night in the guest room."

She smiled and shook her head. "That's idiotic. He may sleep in your room like usual." But Louis shook his head, walking pass her. "Not tonight." She frowned, probably confused as to what was happening.

She leaned towards me. "Did you two have a fight?" She asked. I shrugged. "Kind of." I then followed Louis up the stairs. He pointed towards the guest room. "Goodnight." He mumbled.

I grabbed his arm before he could leave. "Don't hate me." I whispered so no one else could hear. "I  could never hate you Harry." I thought he would leave after that but he stayed there, staring at me. I didn't move either. I felt so bad for leading him on.

Without warning, his lips connected with mine. My eyes widened and I slightly pushed him off. "Louis..." He shook his head as more tears rolled down his cheeks. "All I'm asking for is tonight. I just want tonight."

I wanted to say no. It felt wrong. I was with Liam and I loved him. But then again, Liam was with Ray. One other night with Louis wouldn't hurt anyone.

I slowly leaned down, connecting my lips to his. He let out a sigh of relief and kissed back. He pulled me down the hall and to his bedroom.

I groaned the second I woke up the next morning. Staying for the night wasn't my plan. I needed to leave.

I slowly got out of bed so I wouldn't wake Louis up. I started putting my jeans on when I felt his hands on my shoulders. "You're leaving for good, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed the back of my neck and let out a sigh. "Okay." He let go of me and I continued getting dressed.

I smiled one last time at Louis before I walked out his room. I went down the hall and down the stairs when I came face to face with Niall.

The blonde boy raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you coming with us to school?" I shook my head. "Not today." I didn't have anything else to say so I continued my way out of the house.

I started walking down the road and to school. It was Monday so no one saw what I was wearing yesterday anyways. Even if they did, it was the least of my worries right now.

I arrived to school and walked over to my locker. Barely anyone was here since I was a little early. Only a few students stood around talking.

People soon started to fill in. I noticed Fizzy who was stomping towards me.

"You broke up with Louis?" She asked and I nodded. "He's heartbroken." I nodded once again. I had no excuses or anything. It was something that happened.

"I love Liam. Not Louis." I reminded her. She scoffed at me. "You think he loves you? He's always changing lover and he keeps them in the closet. That's why no one knows about you two."

"She's right." I hit my head once to shut the voice out. Fizzy frowned at me but kept quiet. "I couldn't do it anymore with Louis. He would've been way more hurt if I waited longer." She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I then saw Louis walk by, eyes on the ground. He looked dead and in pain.

Maybe Fizzy was right. Liam didn't actually care. Maybe Louis is what was right for me and I had broken his heart for someone who kept breaking mine.