Chapter 5

Carlos's P.O.V.

"You're mysterious, you know that." I say to her.

"Yeah and you're rotten to the core."

"And witty."

"Thanks." She says

"So, your parents are my moms nemesis, what are the odds."

"Yeah, I know right, but in the stories, sometimes I think Cruella De Vil is the kinder one. My parents seem picture perfect in the stories, but in real life, not so much." She says.

"Oh they can't be that bad, I have heard the stories." I say to her.

"I don't know...but so, you wanna get started on the studying?" She asks.

"Sure, what are we gonna work on first?" I ask because apparently I need help in more than just goodness class, I need help in most of my classes.

She helps me and when I say helps me, I mean, she actually helped me understand it, everything was so much easier to learn coming from her, we finished the studying and we were just talking,

"So, your mom actually told you that dogs were vicious rabid pack animals who ate boys who didn't behave?"

"Yeah, and What was even worse was I believed her." I say causing her to laugh.

That's when I said it...I didn't mean to, it just can out, "I know we have only known each other for a little while and everything, and that you will probably be freaked out after I tell you this, but I really really like you Adira, your amazing, and I haven't been able to get you off my mind ever since I met you, and well I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you go on a date with me?"

"...really?" She asked, yep I knew it, she is freaked out and will probably never speak to me again.

"Uh, yeah." I said kinda upset she had to ask if I was being serious or not.

"Oh my gosh, yes." She says laughing.

"Wait really?"

"Yes!" She says laughing more.

"Why are you asking."

"I have felt the same way about you ever since I met you too, and I was planing on giving you a smoothie with a love potion in it, because I was thinking like, you could have any girl in the school, so why would you want me."

Then I laughed and said,

"You were gonna give me a love potion?"

"Yeah, as lame as it sounds I already have the potion mixed up." She says pulling a heart shaped vile with a bright pink liquid in it.

"Wait to make a potion you would have to have magic." I point out.

"Oh yeah, I have magic, we both do, you didn't know?" She says.

"Wait what?"

"When we were born a which snuck into my room in my castle and your room on the isle of the lost and spelled us both, the spell was to give us the gift/curse of magic. She left us spell books and magic things and I have been practicing it all my life, even though I'm not supposed to."

"Wait, I have magic?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"We'll show me a spell." I asked eagerly.

"Ok, um try this one, Tomunane Kinesis." She says.

"Tomunane Kinesis." I say. Nothing happened.

"Focus, like really focus everything you have on this book." She says putting a book down in front of us, "now try and say it again."

"Tomunane Kinesis." I say and focus everything I have on the book, then this red, sparkly, whispy smoke starts to form in my hand and it goes under the book and lifts the book up.

"You're doing it!" She says and I am still amazed that this is actually happening.

"I can't believe I'm doing it!" I say then I close my hands and the book drops.

"If you thought that was cool, watch this one, Havity No Gravity." She says the spell but nothing happens, then she starts to walk over to the wall and puts her foot up on it, then the other one and she is walking on the wall defying gravity.

"WOAH!" I exclaim "let me try, Havity No Gravity."

Then I walk over to the wall and step on it, then I put my other foot on it and step up, I am actually walking on the wall.

When we hear a knock on the door, which distracts us both and we fall off the wall.

"Aww, that hurt." I said holding my shoulder. Then there was the knock again, then Adira jumps up and yells,

"Coming." Then walks to the door, I get up and sit on her bed again.

"Hey so, is Carlos here?" Asked Mal rudely.

"Um, yeah." Says Adira quietly, then she opens the door all the way and Mal, Jay, and Evie walk in.

"Oh, hey guys."

"Yeah, so are you gonna be much longer, we need to talk." Said Mal.

"We actually just finished..." Adira started to say, but she was cut off my Mal.

"Great! let's go."

"Ok." I said getting my books, then Adira handed me my backpack, but it had a book in it that wasn't mine, she put her index finger to her lips and winked, then I realized it was one of her spell books, so I nodded my head and walked to the door. "See you tomorrow."

I was lingering in the doorway waving when I heard,

"CARLOS!" It was Mal, I rolled my eyes and walked out the door, then ran to catch up to them. "We need a plan to find this wand." Says Mal as soon as the door to my and Jays dorm closes.

"Well, we can do this, as long as we stick together." Says Jay.

"Maybe we could use that Adira, she seems like she could be manipulated easily." Says Mal.

"No!...I mean, she won't be any help, uhh, she is too shy to do anything." I say making sure they don't try and use her.

"Ok, fine, we will use someone else." Mal says, the Evie comes up with the idea,

"Hey what about Jane, fairy godmothers daughter?"

"E, that is a great idea."