Chapter 7

Adira's P.O.V.

I get up and get ready for school, burning myself on my curling iron like 7 times because I'm distracted by thinking about Carlos. I finally finish doing my hair, so I do my makeup, I don't put much foundation on, I do a very neutral eye shadow and darken the crease and the outer part of my eyelid, then I do some winged eyeliner on the top, then mascara to make my lashes longer. Then I walk into my closet to pick out an outfit. I choose some black leggings, a long blue button up shirt, a grey and blue striped beanie, my pair of blue high heel combat ankle boots, and a chain for my cartilage piercing (picture at the beginning of the chapter)

I grab my backpack/purse and walk out of my dorm locking it behind me, I walk down the hallway and to my locker.

"Well hello there." Said Mal, I shyly turn to look at her.

"Hi." I manage to squeak out.

Then I turn and start to walk towards goodness class, but of course she follows me, then she runs up to where she is next to me.

"Hey wait!"

I slow down so she can talk to me even though I don't want to.

"So, you seam really close to fairy godmother?"

"Yeah, I guess she feels sorry for me..." Oh crap why did I say that.

"Why should she feel sorry for you?"

"I get bullied a lot." I say quietly.

"What?! There is no way someone who is as pretty and nice as you get bullied!" She says in disbelief.

"Yeah, I do." I say carefully choosing my words, I still don't know if I can trust her...but I can trust Carlos, so...maybe Mal deserves a chance too I guess.

"Well, I know I would never be mean to you, I'll bet you have a lot of friends that tell you that though."

"Actually no, not really." I say.

"Oh...well maybe do you want to be my friend?" She asked.

"Oh, I...uhh..." What should I say? Well I mean Carlos is good, but can I trust Mal? "Sure." I say giving her a warm smile.

"Great!" She says excitedly, then we walk the rest of the way to class.

"Adira!" Said fairy godmother welcomingly when we walked in."

"Good morning fairy godmother." I tell her walking up to her desk as Mal sat down in her chair.

"How are you feeling dear?" She asked me.

"Fine why?"

"Well you just look...pale."

That was from me being nervous to talk to Mal.

"Oh, It was from being nervous."

"Why are you nervous dear?"

"Umm, I just want Carlos to do well today, and I have a test today." I say lying...well, I guess Carlos is rubbing off on me.

"Oh well I'm sure you will ace that test, and Carlos will be fine." She says reassuringly.

"Thank you fairy godmother." I say walking around to where I am supposed to stand.

The day drags on, but Carlos is doing so much better which is good, but I just want to go to my dorm to get ready for My date with Carlos tonight, finally the last bell of the day rings and I get up from my seat and start to walk back to my dorm when I hear Carlos say,

"Hey! Adira!"

Then he runs up beside me and continues,

"We are still on for tonight right?"

"Yeah, but I wish you would tell me where we are going." I say pouting my lip and giving him sad puppy dog eyes.

"Nope, it's a surprise." He says, then we turn separate ways to go to our dorms. I go into my dorm and start to get ready by taking a shower, when I get out I dry off and wrap my hair up in a towel, I start to do my makeup, just a little foundation, but this time I contour my cheek bones, my temple, and the sides of my nose a little, then I put my jungle red lipstick on my lips, then I move onto my eyes, I do a smoky eye, and my winged eyeliner, then my eyelashes, I curl them and put several different coats of mascara on, then my face is done. I then take my hair down, dry it, curl it, then do it into a fishtail braid, but it isn't tight is is really loose and big, then I pull a few pieces out and put some flowers in it, now to move on to my outfit, I need something, daring, something that will show him in not a goody two shoes all the time, I go into my closet and pick out, a black leather skirt, a blood red tight crop top with straps on the shoulders, and my black combat boots.

"Wow you really like this Carlos don't you?" Asked a voice from my room, I turn around and see teeth and the unmistakable half gold half green eyes.

"Well I Casey, and for your information I do like him."

"I can tell by the way your getting all dressed up." She says fully revealing the rest of her body, this is Casey, my best friend and the Cheshire Cat's daughter.

"Ok, time to spill, where have you been?" I ask her, she was supposed to be my roommate but on like the 2 day of school she just disappeared, not leaving a note, not telling anyone where she was going.

"Long story A."

"Well your telling me." I say to her sitting down on my bed next to her.

*knock* *knock*

"Looks like I can't lover boy is here to pick you up."

"I'm going to go with him, but you better be here when I get back or C I will track you down and get the answer out of you." I say as she turns invisible all accept for her eyes.

I walk to the door, open it, and see Carlos looking as cute as ever standing there, he just looking at me like I have 2 heads, the amazement in his eyes, I take it as I look good.

"Earth to Carlos." I say waving my hand in front of his face.

"Oh sorry...you just look, so...I would say beautiful but that word isn't strong enough."

I just blush like crazy then he holds out his arm, I take it and close my door.