Chapter 3

Iza opened the car door, jumped out of the van and looked ahead. They were out-of-town, many houses around. After two hours of getting stuck and weaving among cars, they arrived at their destination, finally. Amy's and Caroline's house didn't seem much different from the others - two-storey, white, wooden, with a porch, flower-pots, green law, grey sett, garage and letterbox. That neighborhood resembled a typical, American housing development.

Amy and Caroline helped Iza take her bags home. Entering the fronthall, Iza looked around her. White walls, wooden shelves, white stairs. She liked it.

"Come on, we'll show you the house," Amy said, smiling.

They walked towards the kitchen, connected to the living room. They were modern, well-appointed, spacious, bright places. Iza's attention was caught by a vinyl collection lying on a shelf. She walked over to them and smiled recogonising her favourite bands.

"My mum's had it since she was a child." Iza didn't notice that Caroline was standing behind her.

"I envy her," Iza said, watching the vinyls.

"In a garage we've got an old gramophone. You can listen to them, if you want to," Amy suggested.

"Would be great! Nothing captures the atmosphere of vinyls."

Amy smiled.

"Such a young person but, yes, you're absolutely right. Well, you haven't been upstairs yet. You're going to see your new room," Saying this, Amy went towards the stairs.

Iza followed her. She started to like Amy immediately, she's known it during their first talking on Skype. The woman acted like she was Iza's friend. Iza also liked Caroline. She thought she should know her even better but, for that moment, everything was perfect.

"So, this is the bathroom, my room, Caroline's room and right there... your own room!" Amy opened the door at the end of the hall, pleased. "Once, it served as a place to sleep for our guests, now you're going to live here. Like it?"

Iza entered the room. Creamy and claret walls, a big floor lamp, bright floor, wooden desk, chair, wardrobe and bookshelves. It all looked really good. Iza liked it so much.

"Cool!"

"I'm glad, then. You must be hungry, take a rest for awhile, I'll order a pizza." Amy left and Iza fell into bed.

Then, she took her phone out of her pocket and dialled her mum's number quickly. Iza sighed. No answer. She smirked. All of her mum. She asked Iza a thousand times to call her as soon as possible and, for that moment, she didn't answer. Iza's dad's phone (they said it to her a MILLION times) still has been under repair so she couldn't call him either. She decided to record a message on a voicemail. She said that she had just arrived to Amy's and Caroline's house and then she was resting, Amy and Caroline were so nice, she had no objections, generally, and she would call them tomorrow. Iza stretched out across the bed. One hour after lying and watching the ceiling, she heard Amy's voice.

"Iza! C'mon, our pizza just arrived!"

"I'm coming!" She left the room, ran down the stairs and felt a delicious smell. Then, she came to the kitchen. Amy was cutting the pizza while Carolina was pouring an orange juice into the glasses.

"Sit down, I'll dish it out. You eat meat?" Amy pointed at a piece of pizza.

"Yes, sure."

"Phew, that's good. We wanted to order a vegetarian one as well, just in case you don't eat meat, but they are out of the ingredients now, so we thougt you won't eat only pizza dough and cheese." Caroline said.

"No problem at all." Iza ate three pieces in the blink of an eye. The pizza was quite big so she felt she was full.

Iza drank the juice, got up from the table, put her plate and glass into the washing machine. Next, she turned herself looking at my and Caroline.

"Can I take a shower now?"

"Sure, you don't even ask about things like that! Take a shower and meanwhile we take your bags to your room. You can unpack yourself when you are finished." Amy called out with her mouth full of pizza.

Iza smiled. She went upstairs - straight to the bathroom. She took off her shorts and T-shirt, then went into the shower cubicle. She turned on the water. A tepid spurt chilled her, washed Iza's fatiuge (after a long flight and by a hot weather) off.

Then, she went to her room to unpack her stuff. She put her clothes and shoes in the wardrobe, books, bits and pieces on the shelf. In the end, she placed her cosmetics in the bathroom. It all took her two hours. Iza looked at her watch. Half past nine at night. For that moment, it was half past five in the morning in Poland.

She checked her e-mail. A new message from her mum. She wrote that she was glad Iza was fine and she was sorry but she couldn't answer her phone because she had dropped it the previous day and that touch screen didn't work in some places then. But she heard Iza's recording immediately and she sent her kisses, they missed her so much and she wanted Iza to call them the next day. Yeah, nothing strange. Iza laughed under her breath. Then, she heard a door knocking.

"Come in, please!"

"Iza, didn't wake you up, right? I came because if you need something..." Amy leant out the door.

"No, no, no. Amy, everything's alright, honestly. You're very nice. I'm going to sleep right now. But I'd like to ask you if I can go shopping tomorrow? To a chemist's or some kind of drugstore."

"Caroline will take you with herself, for sure. I'm working tomorrow morning but I know she said she wanted to go to the mall and would ask you if you'd also like to go with her. You'll talk in the morning. So I'm not going to bother you anymore. Good night." Amy smiled and closed the door.

"Good night," Iza answered.

She put a black T-shirt and pants. Then, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. Iza came back to her room, drew the blinds, turn the light off and laid down on the bed. She could hear crickets chirping because of the cracked open window. It had to be a party somewhere too - microphone echo and muffled music could have been heard around. Iza decided to take a look one more time. She got up and went to the window. Then, she rubbed her eyes. Moonlight and street lamps were lightening the night. Excited, she sat on the windowsill. One hour later, she started to feel sleepy so she came back to the bed. Iza put her hands under her head and fell asleep immediately.

***

So if you think the last chapter wasn't boring at all, that one's gonna bore you for sure! :D