Chapter 8

She came to the bathroom and, as quiet as she could, closed the door. Then, unlocked her phone with trembling hands. It fell onto the floor. Well, great. She caused noise. Panicked, Iza stood by the door and started to listen. No any response. Perhaps she took it into her head, indeed? So she opened the door and came to her room. What Iza saw there, it shocked her so much that she couldn't even speak. She was only standing, wide-eyed.

There was a man in her room. Iza was looking at his face in profile and knew she couldn't mistake him for somebody else. Green hair, stage make-up, scars and a purple coat. He was standing by the shelf, where were placed Iza's books (scanning the titles, focusing), picking up some of them from time to time and taking a look at the summaries at the back. He seemed to be utterly preoccupied by what he was doing, didn't even hear when Iza entered the room. She covered her mouth with her hands and closed her eyes tightly. Iza was sure what she had seen, it wasn't real. As she slowly opened her eyes again, The Joker turned himself to Iza. He met her gaze immediately. She saw madness in his eye and fascination at the same time. Iza started to back away, although she knew that she couldn't escape him. She felt faint, hearing a terrible noise in her head and very loud heart beat. Iza leaned against the banister. And, at that moment, she did the most unpredictable thing in her all life.

Iza started to laugh. She was laughing and laughing but not without the reason. The situation, which Iza found herself in, amused her. So she won the competition thanks to her hard work, what made her dreams came true, she went to the USA... and then what? After merely two months of her stay in Gotham, the psychopathic clown visited her, probably one of the most dangerous freaks, who (Iza was sure) was going to give her a Glasgow smile or just murder with the same pleasure. What was more, he was just browsing through her books as if nothing bad happened, earlier. It sounded like a bad horror. Well, so that was the way she would die.

Iza looked at Joker. He seemed to be very surprised about her behaviour; confused, gazed at Iza, without knowing what to do. This girl took him by surprise. To be honest, his victims didn't used to laugh in his face, even if his jokes were pretty good.

After a moment, he also burst out laughing.

***

So the atmosphere is a bit... tense at this moment? :D Judge for yourself!