Chapter 11

Due to the actual situation - Joker has still been at large - all security measures was stepped up in the city. However, it didn't even bother him because he blew up some important buildings. Iza was on the one hand frightened that Gotham faced such a dangerous event but on the other side, also scared the clown would try to contact her next time. She just didn't now what to expect from him. It passed a week since she's gotten the rose and nothing gave a sign of it Joker would love to visit her. Iza couldn't tell Amy or Caroline, like nothing happened, that Joker had visited their house and she had a short chat with him and then he left to kill people. She felt also scared because Amy's and Caroline's life might have been in danger, didn't want him to hurt them (she was sure he found out who she lived with). But on the other hand, something was telling her she didn't have to worry about it.

Iza, even if she wanted to, couldn't come back to Poland because all of the airports in Gotham were completely closed (they explained that the inspectors claimed the airports weren't safely built reffering to generally accepted standards). During her chats with her parents, she was lying to them, with a heavy heart, everything was alright.

People who lived in the suburbs, as a matter of the fact, felt safer because the clown was attacking only headquarters of the authorities or the public services placed in the centre of Gotham. Everybody counted on the day when the police would catch the murderer and administer the harsh punishment to him. Also, Amy was worrying about the girls. If they, coming back from school, were only fifteen minutes late, she was calling them immediately, concerned that something terrible would happened. Iza and Amy stopped going to parties, despite their going to school, virtually didn't go to anywhere. Iza wasn't very deplored by it, still was going for walks, she has even taken an old lady's dog for a walk ("Thank you, sweetie!") and got some money thanks to it. Iza enjoyed the rays from the sun, the last warm moments lasting here because Autumn was coming.

However, that evening Iza was sitting (lying, acttually) at home. Amy and Caroline has gone shopping, Iza stayed because of her horrible abdominal pain. All of the pills she had, didn't work. She was lying in her bed, literally writhing in pain. On her last legs, she made weak tea. Surprisingly, she felt better. Iza decided to check her e-mail.

One new message. From her parents, probably. No, not this time. Sender: Anonymous. What? Iza couldn't make head nor tail of this. That e-mail contained no sentences, no topic but a added video. She didn't know if it would be okay to play this short movie. Iza was wondering about it for so long but she was too much curious and wanted to see it. She started to watch the video. At the beginning, everything was blurred but then when she could see all things without any problem, she froze.

A part of well-lit room with shabby-looking walls and floor with broken tiles. But it didn't give her a huge fright. She saw a man tied to a chair - that was the scariest thing. He looked like he was in his twenties or maybe thirties. The man was sitting close to the wall, panic was in his eyes. Then, The Joker's face appeared in front of the camera.

"Hello, Iza! How's things? I thought maybe you were bored so I say "If so, I should give her some... entertainment!"" Saying this, he pointed at the man. "Get to know each other. Adam, say "hi" to the camera for Iza. Oh, I almost forgot, you know what's the funniest thing? Adam is from Poland too!" The clown giggled and turned to the victim. "Say "hi" to your lady compatriot!"

Joker (still holding the camera) came closer to the man who didn't say a word. He was breathing heavily, beads of sweat were on his dirty face.

"As you wish! I thought we were going to laugh together, maybe tell each other little jokes... Of course not! I don't like this sort of people with no sense of humor. Sorry, Adam, but it's gonna be a complete misfire if you don't wanna have a chat with us. And I can assure you Iza is an amazing girl, who knows, maybe you'd have a chance with her? Think about it."

"You... killed... my... girlfriend... you... motherfucker..." The man said silently (at that moment Iza associated murder of one of the people killed by Joker with this situation - it was a young woman!).

"Hey! No such luck! I'm not insulting you." Joker shouted. "You, see, Iza... Unfortunately... Polish people are very ill-mannered, though..."

The man started to tear himself out of the rope with anger, sitting on the chair. Iza has been watching the video, dismayed, looking how Joker was playing on his victim before he was going to kill him.

"Dude, listen," the clown leaned over Adam and slung his arm over the man's shoulder "I" he put the emphasis on this word "did you a little favor. You know your, on the outside, perfect girl was, in fact, a dirty whore? She was cheating on you since months. Like a week ago - she was banging your friend in the car and she liked it so much! So, now, if we explained already everything, stop teasing me and tell us a joke, huh, some icebreaker?" Joker giggled and peeked at the victim, then added seriously in no time "Oh, fine, no".

The camera has fallen on the floor and Iza could see this performance from a distance. Joker had run up to the man, took out a knife from his pocket, next got down to slitting his thoart precisely. When the poor man goggled, the clown walked away, folded his arms like he was wondering about something.

"Something's missing. Oh, I got it, a smile!" He clapped his hands, ran up to the victim and cut his face. Iza heard a terrible scream and Joker's wild laugh. At the end, she saw that the murderer drew back quickly from the body (Adam has already been dead), came closer to the camera and shouted "ta-da!".

Enough.

She switched off the video, staggered by what she has just seen. So things have gone too far. First, she was given a rose, later sent a murder footage.

He didn't think Iza could show it to the police?

No, he didn't.

It would transpire that she didn't tell anybody that she had talked to Joker earlier. It was his catch. What benefit was it to him?

He had plans for her.

***

Hey, how are you? Sorry I didn't add this chapter yesterday but I was EXHAUSTED after all week and fell asleep immediately. Oh, I'm always tired because of school! So many tests, I study all the time and haven't enough time to sleep! :( And what about you guys?
PS I hope you like it and comment, please. :)