Chapter 4

Iza woke up at nine thirty. Still yawning, she made the bed and left the blinds up. Then, she had a shower, dried her hair, did her make-up and, at the end, got her airy, navy blue dress. Next, Iza went downstairs, straight to the kitchen. Caroline was already there - she was making pancakes. At the sight of Iza, she smiled.

"Hey, mom went to work. Wanna eat some pancakes? With Nutella. Anyway, I'm doing them for myself."

"Yeah, thanks," Iza said, pouring water into her glass.

"So, after breakfast I'm going to the mall. I must buy myself a mascara and an eyeliner. Go with me?"

"Sure, Amy told me yesterday you wanted to ask me about this. I also wanna buy some cosmetics and vitamin B2. I feel like I'm gonna have an angular cheilitis." Iza answered, in time reminding herself of English version of her last word.

"All right. So what? Eating, then going!" Caro said during putting the plate (full of pancakes) on the table.

Iza nodded and they both started to eat. After the meal and cleaning the kitchen, they went upstairs and brushed their teeth. Iza went to her room to put her snickers on and take her bag. Then, she ran down the stairs. Caroline took the keys, locked the door and they got into the van. It was so hot.

"Oh, damn it, we're going to melt," Caro claimed, opening the window.

Iza did the same thing. However, melting stopped to threaten them immediately, because during fast driving the cold air was tousling their hair and chilling inside of the car.

They went to the centre of Gotham. Traffic was bad there (but not as much to be in jam). Iza's attention was caught by a huge office building with "Wayne Enterprises" signboard.

"Wayne's? It's his company?"

"Yeah, Bruce Wayne's. Got from his dead parents. Extremely rich and handsome businessman. The most influential man in Gotham. But they say he's not self-righteous and often helps people." Caroline said. "By the way, he sponsored the mall construction we're going to."

Ten minutes later, Caroline parked up next to the large shopping mall (they found some space very weakly). Next, they went to the main entrance. Entering, they could see crowds standing near the boutiques.

"So today we're not able to come in to look for some clothes. It's summer sale now and I'm pretty positive they're gonna kill each other." Caroline claimed. "Come on, I'll show you where the drugstore is."

Iza and Caro standed on the escalator to go on the second floor. The drugstore was in front of them. Iza bought vitamin B2, then looked at Caroline inquiringly.

"So, now what? To the cosmetic store?"

"Yeah and hope we can easily get there." Caro sighed. "We gotta get past some boutiques."

They went on the first floor again. Miraculously, they squeezed through the crowd (taking each other's hands not to get lost). After about ten minutes, they finally entered the cosmetic store. Caroline went to choose the cosmetics and Iza was watching hair dyes. For a long time, she's dreaming of dark purple hair. Then, she was hundred percent sure she wanted to dye it. So she put two (for her long hair) hair dyes in her cart. After a moment, Caroline standed behind Iza.

"Wow, you wanna make your hair purple? Didn't say a word!" She said reproachfully.

Iza laughed under her breath.

"I've just decided I do. Will you help me apply the dye?"

"Sure, your hair's so long, though. What about ice cream?" Caroline suggested.

"Okay."

They went to the nearby café. Iza ordered a chocolate dessert and Caroline a strawberry sorbet. Next, they sat down at the table, also, started to talk to each other, laughing and kidding, being in their good moods.

"Well, school's in a week and I'm not worried at all. You see, there are kinda great people there," Caro assured.

Iza smiled. Couldn't be better.

They came back home about three. Amy's been making dinner - chicken in spinach cream sauce.

"Hey girls. How was your shopping?" She asked, smiling.

"Fine but terrible crowds in boutiques. We couldn't get in cause there's summer sale now. But, we've been in drugstores and Iza bought herself a hair dye! Dark purple. I, myself, wouldn't dare," Caroline claimed.

"That's cool! This color of your hair will go with your style!" Amy was so excited.

Another evidence that she's been treating Iza like a friend.

"Dinner's ready in an hour and a half. You're able to dye your hair during that time," Amy said, still eager, "In my youth, my hair was blue."

Iza smiled and went upstairs to have a shower. Then, she dried her hair, got dressed and called Caroline.

"Caro! Help me with my hair?"

"Yeah, I'm comin'!"

After applying the dye on Iza's hair and holding it for the right time, she could wash it down. Later, she dried her hair using a paper towel (not to make a normal one dirty) and, then, a dryer. As her hair was finally dry, she looked in the mirror. Dark purple was ideal with her tanned skin. Iza came to the kitchen where Amy and Caroline already were.

"Awesome," Caro said admiringly.

"You look cute, I knew you would!" Amy added.

"Thanks," Iza said, happy, "But I'm afraid it's gonna damage my hair."

"Your hair is so thick and healthy, though, so the dye shouldn't impact on it so much."

"Yes, I hope so and don't regret it. Mm, that chicken is delicious!" Iza said, swallowing a piece.

"I'm glad, then." Amy smiled.

At night, Iza called her parents on Skype (they've just came back home from work). During a half an hour she was describing them her day, the house which she lived in, and Amy and Caroline. Her parents wasn't pleased because of her new hair but they also realised they were completely helpless on that note. Dad only hummed something and mum looked at her daughter pityingly like she wanted to tell her that it'll get bored for sure and what then? Iza was hundred percent sure not.

***

I assure the next chapter will be much more interesting... :> Also, I'm in love with that photo above! Comment, please. :)