Still Conflicted

"What makes you think that?" he asked, glancing at me for a moment. 

"I don't know," I said, puzzled with myself. 

"Is there something that the boy you love is doing wrong that shows he doesn't love you back?"

"No..."

"Does he not show affection to you at all?"

"No..."

"Then how are you sure that he doesn't love you back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Then let me rephrase the sentence you said. Would you choose between the person who loves you or the person that you love and loves you back?"

"The person that I love and loves me back."

"Does that help solve your conflict?"

I was silent, thinking about the question. He made the choice seem so easy, but to be honest, I was still conflicted. "Sure," I said.

"Here we are." He got out of the car and opened the door for me. I smiled and got out of the car. 

"Thanks for the ride, see you tomorrow and drive safely." I left him, waving goodbye. About to enter my house, I paused, recognizing the shoes in front of the door. There was no way...

I entered the house. "I'm home," I called out and immediately went into my bedroom. I turned on the light and screamed in shock. What the heck?!

[A/N: This song is so beautiful and I think the mood of the song kind of fits with this story in a way...]