7. Can't Fix This

6/13 continued

"Who are you?" I yell. My eyebrows furrow in anger.

"Did anything I just say not mean anything to you?" he says smiling.

"I get it! You think you're my father! Very funny! But I already have a father!" I pause, "I mean yeah...he tried to kill Piper and is bad...BUT YOU'RE EVIL TOO!"

"You see, Henry, your 'father'...and your 'mother' have been lying to you your whole life. They aren't your parents...they're your kidnappers."

"How is that possible? She didn't know my dad was bad!"

"Piper is their child. But 14 years ago, they took you from your actual mother and I. Henry, your parents and I are archenemies, and I was better than them so they took you from me for revenge. You were supposed to be evil like me, not some stupid superhero's sidekick."

"Even if they didn't kidnap me, I would never be evil like you! It's wrong!" I growl at him as I still have to spit out the blood from my mouth.

"Oh, but you will...see this right here?" he says lifting up a needle. "This goes into your neck...then after a few seconds, you'll be evil, and would kill anything that got in your way."

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!"

"Because I want you to be like me. Your father", he smirks.

"A father would never do this to their son!"

"Well, Henry you're wrong", he says and slides the sharp needle into my necks skin.

This will never work. How would he think that doing this to me would work...this stupid needle isn't going to make me evil. I seriously don't under-

"I must kill Captain Man", I say smirking.

~Aubree's Point of View~

Ray and I reach the house and park in the driveway. We get out of the van and see lights on in a room on the second floor.

"Should we go inside?" I ask Ray.

"Yeah, Henry could be in there", he replies. We walk onto the front porch and try to open the door.

"Crap, it's locked", I whisper.

Ray takes out one of his lasers and presses the button. It makes a slight beep noise and the knob of the door melts off. He pushes the door open quietly and it slides open.

"Got it."

"Let's go upstairs", I say pointing to the small set of stairs in front of us. Ray nods and we slowly make our way up the stairs.

"IT WORKED!" I hear a voice says. There was silence for a moment when the same voice talks again. "Who do you need to kill?"

"Captain Man", Henry's voice says. I gasp and look over at Ray who was also in shock.

We hear footsteps come towards us and we try to run back down the stairs. I feel a hand grab onto my shirt making me trip and fall down the stairs. I hear a crack come from my back as it hits the edge of a stair.

I fall all the way down and hit the bottom of the floor head first. I lift myself off of the floor rubbing my head. I see Ray fall down the stairs next to me.

"What is wrong with Henry?" I ask Ray.

"I have no idea", Ray asks, "Whatever it is, it's not okay."

Ray stands up in anger and straightens his back. "Don't hurt him Ray."

"I can't promise you anything", he sighs and walks up the stairs. Ray falls down the stairs once more, and groans in pain. He looks at me, sadness in his eyes. "Bree, I can't do this...I'm not indestructible."

I go to Ray and hug him. I let go and look into his eyes. Sometimes I forget this is my actual father. "Go", I say.

"Aubree, I can't leave you here alone."

"You can, and you will."

"Bree-"

"GO!"

He gets up from the floor and flees the house. I walk up the stairs and look at Henry. His eyes were dark and he was stiff. Tears start to blur my vision but I shake away my sadness.

"Henry, I don't want to hurt you", I say walking slowly closer to him.

He stands there silent.

"You aren't going to hurt me right?" I say. I'm now a few feet away from his face. I extend my hand out to hold his hand. I find my fingers toughing his and slowly entwining together. "See...remember me Hen?"

His eyes grow lighter and he looks at me. He gasps in a deep breath. "Aubree?"

I smile and laugh. I did it, whatever was going on with him, I fixed it!

"Yeah, it's me. Come on Henry. Let's get you back to your house."

"Not. So. Fast", the same voice from before says.

"Who are you?" I ask him.

"I'm Vance Marth...Henry's real father", he says smirking.

"The Redcap Marth?"

"Ah, so you've heard of me."

"I fixed Henry, okay! He's coming with me", I yell.

"Well, he'll become bad again when he hears his trigger."

"And what would that be?"

"Captain Man."

Just then Henry stiffens up again, and his eyes turn back to the same dark color. He lets go of my hand and picks me up from the collar. He then throws me down the steps once more.

"I suggest you leave", Henry says.

"Henry...don't do this!" I cry.

He takes one step at a time down the stairs. "I'm warning you Aubree, your boyfriend will destroy you when he gets to you."

"I'm indestructible!"

"Not to him...he'll tear you shreds!" he laughs.

"Henry", I say as tears fall down my cheeks. "You don't have to listen to him!"

"You have ten seconds", Henry says.

I sob more and more as Henry is hovering over me. "Henry, please", I cry.

He makes a fist and leans over. He throws his fist at me and it hits my stomach. I moan in pain as I try to get my breath back. He makes another fist and hits me again.

He then kicks me in the side and the other side. It never stopped. I curl up into a ball the same way Henry did in the video. He kicks my face, steps on my feet, punches my eye. He then jumps onto me, and I feel a rib crack.

I didn't think this was possible.

I scream from the pain. Henry reaches down and grabs my arm. He bends it backwards making it break. More pain flows through my body. I've never felt like this.

"That's enough Henry", Vance Marth says from the top of the stairs. Henry stops and Vance comes downstairs. "Let's let her stay there while we go out."

I hear their footsteps walk away and out the door leaving me possible bleeding on the floor and I pass out.

A/N***Hey Guys, I'm really sorry that I can't update like I said I was going to. I know its been a really long time, and you guys probably hate me. But I had this pre written so I thought I could update it for you guys. I'm really trying to hurry up and write, I haven't been on Wattpad at all since my friend moved into my house. I can't promise anything, but I will definitely try to post more often.