19. Newbie in Town

~Henry's Point of View~

I walk into the house and rush to the stairs. "Henry!" I hear Ray call from behind me. I stop in my tracks and turn around to see a worried look on his face. He walks to the end of the staircase and looks up to me.

"Yeah Ray?" I ask him as I walk downstairs, back to him.

"We, uh, we need to have a talk..."

I look at him confusingly. I nod slightly and we walk to the living room. I sit down on the couch and he sits next to me.

"I know that I can trust you with my life", Ray began, "I need you to make sure Swellview stays safe."

"Ray...what are you talking about?"

"Henry...I, um well...I lost my powers", Ray tried to say but choked on his words.

"WHAT?!" I yell, "When did this happen?!"

"It started to fade away slowly, but I'm sure they are gone for good now and there is no way to get them back. Hunter said that I'm now immune to any type of chemical boost or anything that will give me powers."

"Oh my, god. Ray, I can't believe this happened! What about Captain Man? Swellview can't live without you", I say as my throat closes.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. I need you to become the new Captain Man", Ray says.

"What?"

"You have powers, you can protect the city. I know you can."

"I barely know how to control them!" I spit out.

"Henry...I'm so sorry to put all this pressure on you, but you're the only one I know who would be a great new Captain Man."

"Ray, I don't know what to say."

"There is nothing to say. I know you can do it", Ray says and hugs me.

"What about Kid Danger than?" I ask him.

He sighs, "Look, Captain Man might be gone, but that doesn't mean Kid Danger has to leave to. We will make an announcement that Captain Man is retiring and that Kid Danger would now be the superhero, when you become older, you'll be Captain Man, wear my suit, and get your own sidekick."

I nod in response. "Okay, when should we make the announcement?"

"How about Sunday? We'll get the news and everything", Ray says and smiles at me.

"Okay. Ray, again, I'm so sorry this happened to you. But I won't let you down."

"I know you won't, kid", Ray then hugs me again.

~

~Sunday~ ~Aubree's Point of View~

I sit in the audience, my Purple Flash costume on. I look up as Henry walks on stage at town hall. I smile at his adorable face. Sometimes I wonder how people don't know it's him.

"Citizens of Swellview. I have a very huge announcement to make. You must all listen as I will probably not say it again", Henry starts. I see a tiny tear form in his eye and trickle down the silver paint around his eye, hitting the red mask that stuck to his light skin.

"One of my Best friends...Captain Man, I'm sure you all know him. Is for sure, retiring..."

It instantly got loud with voices of the audience talking. The rumors would now start...

"Did he lose his powers?" yes"Does he have children now?" sort of "Is Kid Danger going to keep us safe from now on?" yeah, and I believe he will be the best there is.

"Now I know what you're all thinking. I can't give that information out to any of you, at least not now. Except for that, I will keep you safe. I have recently gotten powers and will use them for good to keep this entire town safe from anyone who dares to harm it. Captain Man and I will keep in touch and I doubt this will be your last goodbye. I hope you keep on believing that this town will be safe. I wish you luck and hope to see you soon! Goodbye everyone!" Henry finished and smiles slightly as his tear drops form larger. He rushes off the stage waving goodbye and I knew it was my cue to meet him backstage.

~

"Kid Danger, that extremely amazing!" I say to Henry and give him a hug.

"Thanks babe", he says and hugs me tight. I cough.

"Kid Danger..." I start to whisper, "We're in public..."

"Oh...yeah...right...I mean, acquaintance", he slightly laughs.

"Why don't we get out of here before the news comes to ask us questions" I tell him. He nods and grabs onto me, lifting me up.

He starts to run as I hold on tight, soon enough, Henry was running at the speed of light.

I know that Henry will be amazing to this town, he'll treat it well, he'll keep it safe. I myself, would help him no matter what.

A/N***New Chapter! Sorry it's been a month since I last updated. I've been really busy.
Anyway, pop quiz question of the day, what are Henry's and Aubree's superpowers?