9. Nightmares and Piper

6/15

~Henry's Point of View~

"Aubree, you got it all wrong!" I scream. I'm shaking as I step backwards. Aubree walks faster and faster towards me. I turn to start running.

"YOU RUINED MY LIFE!" Aubree screams.

"I'M SORRY!"

"HOW COULD I EVER THINK I LOVED YOU?!"

Her strong hands grab my shoulders and throw me down to the ground. I feel my back break and I scream in pain.

I scream in terror as I jump out of my bed. Tears form in my eyes as Ray runs into the room.

"Henry! What happened?" Ray asks running towards me.

"I keep having the same dream. Night after night", I say as I take deep breaths.

Ray rubs my back. "It's cause of the evil in you. Don't worry Hen, we will fix it."

I look at Ray. I couldn't help but smile. "Thanks for letting me and Olivia stay here, Ray. I really needed to be away from my family. Well, I thought they were my family."

"I know you hate me in all at the moment, but you're still the best sidekick I've ever had. I'd do anything for you Henry", Ray says.

I give him a big hug and my smile becomes bigger. "I hate you so much", I cry.

He laughs as he hugs me back. "Aubree's coming over soon. Why don't you freshen up?"

I let go and nod. I pull the covers off of me and walk over to the bathroom as Ray walks out of the room.

I turn on the shower and wait for it to get hot. When it's hot, I get in with all my clothes on. "Crap", I say looking at my fully clothed body. I take off my soaked clothes and put them on top of the toilet next to me and carry on with my shower.

When I'm done, I get out and put on a black sweater and dark jeans. I comb out my wet hair and go back to the bedroom I was staying in with Olivia. She was sleeping in a crib next to my bed. I pick up my phone and unlock it. I go to my messages and see some from Piper.

Piper: Henry! I need your help!

Piper: Mom is acting weird. Where are you?

Piper: Henry, please come get me!

My eyes widen and I run out to the Man Cave. "RAY!" I say.

He comes out of the secret tube and looks at me concerned. I open my phone up again and show him the texts from Piper.

"I need to get her."

"Come on! I'll bring you there", Ray says.

"I'll text Bree to wait in here for us and to watch Olivia."

Ray nods and I text Aubree.

Me: Aubree, I have to get Piper. Can you go to the Man Cave and watch Olivia while you wait for us.

Aubree: Sure thing.

We arrive at my house and I barge into the house.

"PIPER!" I yell. No response. "PIPER!" I run up the stairs.

I go into her room and see her curled up in a ball in the corner of her room. She's shaking with her phone clutched in her hand.

"Piper, are you okay?" I ask putting my hand on her shoulder.

She looks up at me and jumps into my arms for a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here", she says.

"Come on", I say. I pick her up and start to walk downstairs. She puts her arms around my neck and rests her head on my shoulders. I look around the house to see if my mom was there. "Piper, where's mom?"

"S-she's gone", she whispers.

"Let's just get you out of here", I say and bring her out the door.

Ray gets out of the van and opens the door to the back. I put her in but she doesn't let go of my neck.

"Stay in the back with me."

I sigh and scoot in next to her. I pull the buckle over her and click it into the end. I do the same for me and Ray starts the car.

"Ray?" I say. He looks behind to look at me. "Is it okay to bring her down there?"

"She doesn't look well Henry. I think she'll be fine with us", he says smiling sincerely. I smile back and see Piper fall asleep on my shoulder.

A/N***It's a little short, but I love this chapter. More to come :)