11. Eli's Problems

6/15 continued

~Aubree's Point of View~

I watch as Henry walks away from me. I feel my eyes fill up with tears. I try to wipe them away with my hands, but nope. They still keep forming and falling down my cheek. The tears fall down onto my skirt leaving little drops on it.

I hate when we fight. It's the worst feeling ever. I mean, it actually, physically hurts.

~Ray's Point of View~

I slam my fist against the front door to Aubree's house. I hear footsteps shuffling around in the house.

"One second!" Aubree's father yells from the inside. A minute later he opens the door and smiles at me. "Captain Man, so nice to see you."

"Uh...can I talk to you for a little?" I ask him. He nods and brings me to the living room. We sit down on the couch.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Do you know what's up with Aubree?"

His smile turns to a frown. "I didn't know anything was wrong with Aubree."

"How could you not know?" I say angrily.

"She told me she was going to the mall with Charlotte", he says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Well, did you know that she didn't go to the mall with Charlotte but came to me and asked to stay with me because you wouldn't even talk to her or look her in the eye?"

His expression became shocked. "Are you sure? That doesn't seem like Aubree."

"Obviously you don't know your daughter", I say getting up from the couch.

"Captain Man, wait! There has to be some miss communication", he says getting up as well.

"I think we're done here", I grunt. I start to walk by the door and open it. I look back at him and his face is bright red. "Dude...take a chill pill."

He blows out hot steam from his mouth as he breathes out. "You aren't going anywhere!"

I hear the door slams behind me and I turn to look at it. "I don't know what the heck is wrong with you, but I didn't do anything wrong here."

"YOU'RE TAKING MY DAUGHTER AWAY FROM ME!" he screams.

Footsteps run up the stares from the basement and Hunter pops out from a door. "Is everything okay?" Hunter asks.

His dads face turns back to normal. He smiles innocently and turns to look at Hunter. My face becomes pale.

"Everything is fine Hunter", he says. Hunter looks at me and I shake my head no furiously.

I then mouth "help me" to him.

"Um, okay", Hunter says walking over to me. "Dad, I'm gonna go out. I'll let Captain Man out as well."

"Okay son, you do that."

I sigh in relief as Hunter grabs a jacket from a rack and throws it over his shoulders. He opens the door and I walk out. I look back at Aubree's father whose face is bright red once again.

"What is wrong with your father?" I ask when we turn the street walking.

"I don't know what you mean", Hunter says.

"Aubree came to me asking to stay with me. She said that she doesn't feel like she fits in with you guys anymore. She says that your dad won't even look her in the eyes."

"Well, dad has been acting weird lately."

"More like crazy. His whole face was red and he literally had steam coming out of his face."

"Are you sure?" Hunter laughs.

"Hunter, I'm not kidding. It was crazy; I didn't know what to do."

"I doubt that old man can hurt you."

"Oh, I wanted to ask you for a favor."

"What is it?"

"My powers...they're fading", I sigh.

Hunter looks at me and stops walking. "What?"

"I've been getting hurt on missions. At first it was slow healing, now it's no healing at all."

"There has to be some explanation."

"I've tried almost everything, and I don't know what to do. I've felt useless."

"I'll see what I can do. Anyway, I actually have to do some errands, so I should be on my way."

"Okay. Just find out what's up with your dad. I'll keep an eye on Aubree", I say as he starts to walk away. He waves at me and I wave back. I then walk back to Junk 'N' Stuff.

A/N***What's wrong with Ray? What will happen to him? Leave your thoughts in the comments! I love to read them!