Contagious Chemistry

Verity's POV

As I wake up I feel a warmth surrounding me, I look down and see that Joe's arm is wrapped around me and we are in a spooning position. I don't want to wake him so I cleverly and quietly move out of the bed, put on my la senza dressing gown, making my way in to the kitchen. I am greeted with James at the counter making pancakes while listening to Fall out Boy, I sing along to the words and James joins in with me. Cameron, Callum, Jamie and Owen are all watching s as we make them breakfast, I start to wander when Joe will come throw, 'cuz it will be pretty embarrassing if he came through and saw me like this. "It's Irresistible!" I sing at the top of my lungs.The boys all laugh at my stupidity, Jamie gets a text from his girlfriend and it seems pretty important so he leaves without having breakfast as he insisted, he loss I make the best pancakes ever!

'I saw Joe in your bed last night what went on there?' James gave a curious look, 'I had a nightmare, Joe merely comforted me, it was nothing' I snapped back at him, sometimes I don't get any privacy. 'OK' James got the memo and shut up, when I looked over at Cameron he didn't look very good, he was pale and looked like he was about to be sick. 'Are you okay Cameron? You look like your about to throw up' I asked him with a worried tone, rubbing his back. He looked up at me with his sad blue eyes and nodded. I shoved aside the craving to question him. I wander where Joe is? My heart skips a beat when the memory of his body against mine, I start to bite my bite and twirl my hair, I smile and then come back to earth when the pancakes get put on a plate in front of me. 'That's Joe's, he'll probably still in bed so just move it under his nose and he'll soon wake up.' James made me laugh at his instructions, I went in to my room down the hall, but Joe wasn't there. The bed was made and his clothes from yesterday are still here, but Joe isn't here. I wander down the hallway and see that the door leading in to the room with all my mum's old stuff in it was open.

Joe was looking at the shrine James and I made to remember mum its filled pictures of mm and I and the odd one is of her and James. I notice that he hasn't seen me walk in yet and I take this time to look at all the precious memories, a tear suddenly drops from my face as I see some recent photos. Joe has finally noticed me and my tear. 'Hey, there no need to cry come on lets go and have breakfast.' He put his arm around me and I get butterflies in my stomach, as we walk back through to the living room I notice that its only James left in the room. He gave Joe a strong look and I could feel Joe move away from me. I know James is protective, but why does he have to be protective over every boy. His phone rings, he answers it and goes in to his bedroom.

'So...' This silence was deafening, it was so awkward, Joe and I were both on our phones and every so often we both glimpse at each other with a smile. 'So...' He replies to my so... with another with the same tone of voice, bored! 'Can we talk about something please because, I just feel so awkward' I explain my feeling and he nods and sits closer to me on the couch. 'Well... What do you wanna talk about?' The question strained my mind as I wandered what I was going to say next next. 'Lets play game' I know it sounds childish but we weren't getting any where with conversation, 'what type of game shall we play Verity' he said it in a weird quiz show presenter voice and it just cracked me up. 'I love your laugh' my cheeks blushed and I bit my lip; its so hard to be friends with this guy, when every single time you think its going well, and your not think about how sexy or fit he is, he says something that just makes you want to jump on to him a kiss him. 'I've got this game on my phone and my friend uploaded it and its called naughty 21 questions. You wanna play that its the only game that I can think of right now.' I opened the app, 'yeah sure, ask me first.' I turned and faced him, I'm sitting with my legs crossed. 'Ok, spin the wheel' he spun the wheel I showed him on my phone and it landed on number 8. I looked at the dare and I thought it was an easy question to answer, well for me it would be I'm quite an open person when it comes to stuff like this. 'When did you lose your virginity?' He squirmed in his seat at the question, 'When I was 17' he answered. I didn't know whether to say 'cool' or 'OK, next question so I just handed him my phone and spun the wheel, this time it landed on 7. He looked at this question then looked at me wiggling his eyebrows, 'have you had sex anywhere else other than the bedroom.' My cheeks went pink and I didn't want to speak so I just nodded.