Flashing lights

Joe's POV

I was walking down the street, well at least trying to walk. I think I had one too many drinks actually,  I don't I know. I hear a girl screaming up head, but I brush it off, as it might be the drink taking over. 'Riley, let go of me please!' Wait! That's Verity's voice. I start to run to towards her scream, as I turn the corner all I can hear is quiet screams, but I can't see her anywhere. 'Help! Someone, please,' she screams. I follow her scream to an alleyway where I see her being thrown across the floor. I run towards her in a panic, as she turns her body to face me. 'Joe?' I see her eyes widen as she sees me, she looks so fragile and vulnerable.

'Joe aye?' A voice from behind me said, I look around to him and see that he is much bigger than me. Oh shit. 'So you're her new boy toy, huh?' He gets closer to me and Verity and I stand up and try to make myself look as strong as possible. I look deep into his deep dark eyes filled with hate, I stare right back forcing as much anger as possible out to him. He shoves me, but I hold my ground and only step back a little bit. I heard Verity get up and the man turned his head to look at her, then he goes to step over to her, but I will not let him hurt her again. I lunge myself at him and I straddle him throwing a powerful punch. I feel myself being tipped over and suddenly I'm on my back, being hit multiple times, in multiple places. The numbing pain crosses my face, chest, and stomach.

'Riley stop! Get off of him!' Verity shouts at the monster beating me up, she tries to pull him off of me, but he throws her off of him and her head hits the wall. I see her fall to the ground, her eyes closed and breathing weakly. A huge wave of adrenaline comes over me and I push Riley off of me. I need him in the stomach and throw multiple punches at him. I saw the weakness in his eyes and decided to stop. As I release him, he curled up into a ball and I ran over to Verity. She had a gash on the back of her head and I knew I had to get her to a hospital. I quickly got out my phone and pressed 999.

'Hello state your emergency...'

'My girlfriend she was taken and she was thrown and she hit a wall... She isn't waking up, please help.'

'Okay calm down we will be there soon, can you check her breathing and pulse for us?'

'Yes.' I felt her pulse and looked at her breathing. 'Her breathing is slow and her pulse is weak, she also has a gash on the back of her head.'

'Okay sir, we will be there soon, can I have your name please?'

'Joe Sugg'

'Okay Joe, don't worry just stay with her until we get there.' With that, she hung up. I sat waiting for the ambulance, holding Verity in my arms. Riley had pissed off somewhere but honestly, I don't care where he went, if I see his face again it won't look the same afterwards. I look down to Verity, her long eyelashes resting on her cheeks, her skin looks pale and she's freezing. I went a tear slip out of my eye and I held her closer to me. I felt dizziness come over me and my eyes started to get heavy, everything hurt. I closed my eyes and the last thing a saw was flashing lights and a man in a yellow jacket come towards us.

A/N: Okay I know it's short, but I have been struggling with -no not writer's block- but too many ideas! I hope you like this short, but snappy update and I will start to do shorter ones like this but more often. Thanks for reading! I know this is just a copy of Love me the original, but I will be adding extra stuff into this one, but also like bonus chapters as well. Thanks for reading xxx