Maybe we should...

AN: this chapter is a bit long, but it needed to be, so yeah hope you enjoy it!

Thursday morning---------------------------------------------------

Joe's POV

Should I dress formal or casual, what's even happening today? Verity doesn't even know, what if its something like couples cooking, I wouldn't mind it, because I want to be with her, its just she doesn't feel the same. It hurts, yes, but if she doesn't feel comfortable then I'll try to be friends with her. That night she had the nightmare, when she fell asleep in my arms, I could've stayed there forever until eternity. Ding! As I scan the clock behind me I realise that I'm late, I'm shirtless and I'm in my boxers. I panic and grab a button up shirt and some black jeans and shuffle the jeans on rapidly as I try to get to the front door. I open the door and I see Verity. She is wearing a blue baggy smart top; a long necklace that has a small angel wing at the end of it, black hight waisted jeans and is fiddling with a bracelet on her left wrist. She's so beautiful. She's holding a bag that probably carries her overnight stuff, I forgot that we staying at the shard tonight, I packed last night while I was on the phone to her, we were taking about life when we were kids. I think I went to bed at 2:30, I ran out of minuets on my phone at 1 then we carried the conversation on via text.

'Hey... Joe' I snapped out of my day dream and Verity is blushing, 'your not wearing a shirt.' I start to blush as throw my shirt over my back and start to button it up. 'Sorry' I apologize to Verity, 'It's not you who needs to apologize, I'm sorry for dragging you in to this' She looking down, I move closer towards her and pick her chin up delicately with my index finger. 'Your not dragging me in to this, I want to do this, I want to spend time with you.' She smiles at me and her white perfect teeth show and butterflies churn in my stomach. I realise that we're closer than I thought, are gaze is still holding and tension begins to build. 'We should get going' she says her voice slightly shaky as, she walks past me and goes towards the door, I put my shoes on as she looks out for our ride in to London town. I grab my rucksack with my stuff in it and I open the door for her like a gentlemen would do.

'Chaimberlin!' she shouts as she runs out the door, a grey haired man wearing a tux and a drivers hat is standing outside a white land-rover limo. My mouth drops. 'Boy have you grown up Verity, and who might this be' he gestures to me, 'this is Joe' she says with happiness in her voice. 'Hi' I take his hand and shake firmly but not too hard. 'So is this your boyfriend' I smirk at Verity and her cheeks have flushed. 'No, Joe's just a friend' I smile at Chaimberlin and he exchanges one back, he opens the door of the limo for us to go inside.

Verity's POV

I can't believe Chaimberlin is here! He used to look after me when Dad was working, which was mostly 247 he was like the a grandpa to me, he hasn't changed a bit. A Cheshire grin is constantly on my face as we crawl into the limo, a limo is normally how my family travels. Mum and I used to have a lotus to drive around in, in Thailand and Malaysia. Let's just say my family isn't exactly poor! I look over to Joe and catch him staring at me, I know he likes me, I like him, but I don't want to have my heart broken again. I know he doesn't want to break my heart, and I trust him, I just don't trust myself. I haven't had a person so in to me ever since Milo, my first love.

'We are here' Chaimberlin says as we pull up outside of the O2 arena, why are we here? 'I will pick you up in an hour, have fun!' We both get out of the car and Chaimberlin drives away. I scan the area, and I look at Joe and he shrugs. 'Verity Winters?' I hear my name and turn to see a boy of my age, with blonde hair blue eyes and is kind of cute. 'I'm Luke, I will be your guide for today' I shake his hand and Joe does too. He is really tall, but not as tall as James, maybe 6"1. 'So why are we here?' I ask, he smiles and points to the people abs-sailing on the top of the arena, my mouth drops and I jump in excitement. I'm such an adrenaline junky it's unbelievable! Joe mirrors my excitement, well not as much, we walk over to the instructors. The harness in tight and all the helmets are too big for my head, I was already put to shame when I had to be put into a children's harness. I look over to Joe and he is all suited up, as I put on my helmet, we are instructed to go to the waiting area.