Chapter 10

It was another lazy Monday. Usually,at this time,I would already be at the office,in my cubicle,checking all the files piled on my table or meeting with a client. But this time,Yoongi insisted on taking Suga to the vet for a checkup just in case anything was wrong with him. Yup,it's a boy;Yoongi checked. Anyway, Yoongi and I took leave of to take Suga to the vet because he wanted to tag along badly. I rolled my eyes mentally. He acted like he didn't care but he's actually liking Suga a lot.

"Can you carry Suga?"I said,passing the feline over into his arms before running back to my room to get my belongings. I opened the door only to find a familiar looking girl at the doorstep. I stood riveted to the ground and it was as if time stood still. Her hair was curled and cascaded onto her shoulders. Her makeup was not too thick but enough to make her look natural and charming. I gulped. Why is she here?

"Minji!"Yoongi exclaimed before shoving Suga carelessly in my arms and gave Minji a tight hug. I rolled my eyes and patted Suga comfortingly. Wow so she's more important than Suga pft...ok Hana,stop being a sour pussy.

I resisted the urge to pull Yoongi away and beat the shit of Minji but I couldn't just drop Suga. I should have slap the hell outta her years ago.

I coughed awkwardly,successfully making them snap out of their chatter and look at me.

"Oh,she's here...I thought you guys broke up?"she said with that awful nasal voice of her that never failed to irritate me.

"Don't worry. We just live together. Nothing's happening. You can go date him freely without any worries. I'm not a slut like you anyway,"I hissed at her coldly.

"Yah! Be kind to her!"Yoongi chided and I stared at him in disbelief. 3 years ago,he scolded me because of her and now,he's doing the same.

"Whatever,I don't give a fuck about your relationship with that girl,"I lied,"You're busy now so I'll just take Suga to the vet myself. Go have fun,"I snapped bitterly.

"You're being so irritating today,you know?"he continued and I narrowed my eyes for you.

"I'm not cooking lunch for you anymore,you jerk. Go have fun with her but make sure you don't dirty the house...oh wait it's already dirty with her presence,"I spat,slipping onto a pair of sandals and pressing the lift button.

I didn't even bother to say goodbye and the lift closed. Finally an eyesore gone.

I can't help but wonder how she knew he was living here...oh wait they most probably still keep in touch ugh. She's so shameless to come here when she knew I lived there too. I bet she did it on purpose. Why would she even come here though? Are they possibly....Nah ok maybe they are but it's none of my business. We already broke up. Because of her.

*Flashback*

I took my phone from the nighttable and checked it for any calls or text from Yoongi but there was nothing. It was already 1 in the morning and he wasn't back yet.

I hugged my knees before pressing my head against it,sighing. Every night,I wait for him to come home. I wait and wait and wait. Sometimes,I don't even get a wink of sleep because he doesn't even come back at all. He doesn't reply to my texts or picks up my calls and it's all because of one reason: Minji.

I'm sick and tired of living this pathetic life of me waiting on him all the time while he does nothing for me. The least he could do was to give me some of his time which he doesn't even do. What's so great about Minji anyway? Sure,she's your first love and your good friend now but I'm right here in our apartment,waiting for you to come home patiently with a tinge of hope that you will. But you failed me. You let me down.

Why does she have you around her finger? Why does she have you at her beck and call? Why can't you do the same for me?

I get that you're bored of me now. I get that you want something more exciting like her. You want someone prettier and skinner. You want someone that actually bothers to doll herself up to meet you. Was it because I rejected your proposal? Why is everything going downhill after that night?

I lay down on the cold bed that used to have your scent and your warmth and tucked myself under the blanket before closing my eyes to prevent tears from dropping down. There's no point waiting. He's not coming back. He's having a whole lot of fun with her.

*Flashback end*

I sorta knew that they had something going on and slowly,our flame just died out and it's wax melted. My trust in him just got lower and lower and I doubted him a lot. And then,one day,he came home,irritated and that's when he quarreled and left each other.

I found myself crying out of nowhere,earning a few weird stares from passersby. Suga purred and snuggled in my embrace and I gave him a light smile. At least I've still got you.