Chapter 3 She Loves Water

Amy POV

I walked around the forest aimlessly.
I was officially lost.
I stumbled around until I finally saw light in the distance.
It was civilization!
I ran as fast as I could, gripping the rose tightly so it wouldn't fly away.
I broke through the tree line and stood there, panting, trying to catch my breath.

I looked around.
It wasn't to long of a walk to my house.
Maybe a few minuets, but first I had to get a new dress. And so to the mall I went and got a new lovely red dress that would be perfect for my adventures, just like the other one was.

I bought the beautiful thing and put it on, tossing the blood stained dress in the garbage before anyone questioned me. I didn't want them to find out about Shadow. I never wanted them to. It would lead to so many questions. Questions that I won't be able to answer. And Sonic may see me differently. A bad different.

I made my way home and as soon as I opened the door, my eyes widened when I saw all my friend in my house. They all stood when they saw me.
"Honey! Where have you been? Where is your usual dress?" Asked Rouge.
"Not that it's a bad dress" murmured Silver as he blushed lightly as his eyes lingered around the new one.
"I-" but before I could even say a solid word, I was bombarded with even more questions.

"Where did you disappear to?" Asked Tails.
"How did chasing Sonic go?" Asked Blaze.
"How come I'm hearing that you met a tall dark stranger at a country fair and then adopted a kid?" Asked Silver, completely confused.
"Why don't you open your presents, miss Amy?" Asked Cream through the commotion.
"Excellent idea" said Rouge as she clapped her hands together.
"Whats up with the rose?" Asked Knuckles.
"Enough with the questions" Amy avoided quickly.

"Open my present first!" Said Rouge.
I opened Rouges and found lip stick and other cosmetics, though I never really used make up, I might.
I opened all the other presents which was, a new blue dress, new gloves, a necklace with my name on it, a bracelet, a light green dress, then another dress but exactly like my old red one and finally, new shoes. I noticed that I hadn't gotten anything from Sonic, and that he wasn't there. But that didn't matter, love can't be bought with money anyways.

"Thanks" I said happily.
"I brought the cake!" Called Cream as she brought out the birthday cake that I hadn't ate at the beach.
After the cake, everyone left.
I sat on my couch and placed my hand on my forehead.

It had been a crazy day and for some reason I kept thinking of Shadow.
I hadn't let go of the rose ever since he gave me it.
It was just something about him.
He was so kind to me when he found me lost, hurt and scared out of my mind. I got up from the couch and ran out the door. I didn't know where I was running. Until I finally turned the corner and burst into the dark forest.
It was night and I would have to be crazy to run out here at all.

The only thing that lit my way was the moon. I ran as hard as I could.
The cold wind felt nice against my warm fur and skin. I may run for an hour until I get out of this forest!
After what felt like the whole night, I saw the trees and an opening.
It was the beach that I had had my birthday party on.

I stopped before the bordering trees and gasped as I saw a dark figure to my side. He stepped into the moon light and I was happy to see Shadow.
The black and red hedgehog looked down at me with a puzzled expression.
"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" He asked in his usual monotone voice.
"I- I..." but I couldn't say it. Because I actually had no idea why.
"I don't know" I admitted.

My warm skin turned cold, like it was in the rain. The nights were cold and I had not came very prepared.
"New dress?" the sudden words broke my train of thought.
"Yes, thank you for noticing. The other one got ruined..." he nodded.
I fumbled with the rose that I still carried in my hands.

I looked up and to my surprise, Shadow seemed very calm. His eyes were soft.
He had noticed the rose in my hands and it seemed to give him peace that I still had it and refused to let go of it.
I looked out in front of me and gasped
When I saw a familiar blue hedgehog, walking the shore line as the moon beautifully reflected off the water.

I took a step forward but suddenly felt a hand grasp my arm. I looked back and saw Shadow with a hardened glare.
"Don't do it, Rose" he said quietly.
I looked from Shadow, to Sonic.
I tugged from his hand and stepped forward, folding my hands in front of me and as graceful as I could, walked out onto the sandy beach.
Sonic noticed me when I stopped halfway toward him.

"Ames?" He asked, stunned.
"Hello" I replied as I smiled warmly and gave a small wave.
If I were him, I would have been surprised too. I had never worn any other dress except for that red one.
"You look different. New dress?"
I nodded. I also wore the necklace that Silver gave me and the new shoes Cream gave me. I looked fabulous.

I took a step forward, and to my disliking, he stepped back.
He shivered as he mistakingly placed his shoe in the water.
I knew how much he hated the liquid.
"Sonic, you'll get your shoes all wet!" I said as I hurried off closer to him, dropping the rose.

He frowned and dashed across the water, managing to go so fast, that he stayed above the water.
I followed after him.
But before it was to late, I only made it about twenty or thirty feet over and sunk into the water.
I gasped, but only took in water.
I was dropping into a deep dark watery fate.

"Sonic! Help me!" I yelled.
But it was no use, just a waist of air.
I tiredly opened my eyes and saw a dark shape dive into the water above and swim closer and closer at a very surprising rate.
The rose... I had let go of it.
I closed my eyes and felt familiar arms rap around me and hoist me out of the water.
Then everything went dark.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

A/N:
So Amy is drowning!
Who is her saviour!? Sonic? Shadow? Espio (what)? Rouge? DR. EGGMAN????
Find out!

I have lots of fun writing this story, but I'm really unsure about it.
A lot of people will think I'm weird for writing a fan fiction about a pink hedgehog, trying to love a blue hedgehog, and is celebrating her hedgehog birthday with her animal friends! (I'm so sorry for putting that into your head)

Thanks for reading this chapter!(^o^)/
~Blazey