Chapter 17~ the dead of the night

Shadow ran as fast as he could with Amy on his back and rouge flying high. He screeched to a halt in front of the house. It was in flames. Tears came to Amy's eyes as she jumped off his back and looked at the burning house. Sonic raced over to the three, his face darker then usual.

"Amy, I'm so sorry about the house! I–"
"What did you do to her house, faker" growled Shadow.
"Did you burn it down for the heck of it or was it because of the jealousy?"
"What? I never set it on fire!" He yelled.
"Are you guys seriously going to fight now? When my house is on fire!?" yelled Amy as she heard sirens in the distance.

The two stopped, and Shadow took her hand.
"You can stay with me for now" he offered.
Sonic opened his mouth in protest, but fell short and shut his mouth again.

"Thank you Shadow" She said, hugging him. Rouge rolled her eyes.
"Honey, I am so sorry about the house" she said.
"It'll be fine" said Amy, wiping tears from her eyes as the firetrucks pulled in.
"Here, lets get away from all of this smoke" said Shadow as he guided her away from the burning house.

"But how did the fire start?" murmured Amy.
"Maybe it was just a faulty wire" answered Shadow.
"Nu-uh! I don't think so" she said.
"Listen sweetie" said Rouge softly.
"These things just happen sometimes. It doesn't mean that someone had to do it. You're tired and probably cold from just standing around in just Shadow's shirt." Amy blushed and pulled the shirt more down to her knees.
"That's Shadow's shirt?" Asked Sonic suspiciously.
"I- I just have this strange feeling though..." Amy replied, frustrated.

"Let's get you to my place. You'll feel better tomorrow" said Shadow as he put his arm around her. She sighed and nodded. They all started walking away from the burning scene. She turned her head one last time to look at the burning scene. The flames were high and a tall. Something suddenly caught Amy's eye. A shadowy figure stood in front of the burning house. She looked back at the others in alarm. Was she going crazy? She looked back at the figure.

But it was gone.

~later at Shadow's house~

"I'm not going to bed on the floor. Or that" pouted Amy as she looked at the small mat and few blankets that laid on the floor.
"Just because your house burns down doesn't mean you get things your way" replied Shadow.
"Just because my house burns down doesn't mean you have to be mean to me and make me sleep on the floor."

"The floor is all I got" said Shadow.
"You have a bed, don't you?" She asked.
"Yeah, but the beds mine."
"Well, it could be ours" she stated. A light red hue crossed Shadows face.
"Not like that!" She yelled. Shadow chuckled softly at how flustered she seemed. She crossed her arms and turned away from him grumpily. She jumped as a loud bang cracked the silence and a light brightened the room.

Amy turned and flung herself onto Shadow in surprise. She heard him chuckle and she looked up at him, confused.
"It's just thunder and lightening" he said. She blushed nervously.
"I– I knew that!" She said. He rolled his eyes.

"I'll be right back" he said, walking down the hall. She watched him go into a room and shut the door. She looked at the layout on the floor. As if she was gonna sleep on that!

There was a sudden knock at the door. She walked over and opened it. There, stood a black figure with light blue piercing eyes that glowed through the cold night.
She had seen this guy before. Was he the one that burned down her house?

Before she could do anything, he grabbed her, putting a cloth over her mouth. Her struggling came to a still and he picked her up. With that, he vanished into the night with her.