Chapter 16 Fire heart

A/n- sorry it took so long to update.

We entered the cafe. I looked over and saw Sonic sitting there. He looked up and waved. I walked in, giving room for Shadow to come in. Sonic frowned as he saw Shadow walk in behind me, holding my hand.

We sat down across from Sonic. Shadow put his hands on the table, like a meeting.
"So I hear you've been hitting on my girlfriend?" started Shadow suddenly. Sonics eyes widened.
"Wait, what?" He sputtered.
I blushed heavily, putting my hand on shadows arm.
"Shadow, please." He sighed for a second, and looked out the window.

"Hey, I just want to be here so we can be friends, eh?" Said Sonic. Shadow rolled his eyes and turned to me.
"Theres a door in the back" he whispered. "We can both say we need to use the washroom, then make a run for it."

I giggled as Sonic rolled his eyes.
"Haha, nice try Shadow, but you'll have to do more than that to beat the fastest thing alive" he said sarcastically.
"You were the fastest thing. Now I'm here."
"You doubting my skills?"
"Are you just realizing that, after all these years?"

Sonic opened up his mouth, but fell short. Shadow smirked.
"Hey! How about we get drinks!" I said.
"I'm not thirsty" said Shadow.
"But maybe faker over here will need a water if he wants to keep his mouth open like an idiot."

"How about we got for paintball?" I suggested, recalling that Shadow had a few guns.
"I don't like guns" said Sonic.
"More of a sissy than a hedgehog" mumbled shadow.
Sonic banged his hands on the table.
"I have had enough of you" he yelled, dark like smoke coming from him."

"Sonic, please. We're in public" I whispered, as a dozen eyes stared at us. He looked around, then sat back down.
"Listen, I just wanted it to be me and Amy today. That's all. Things got a little rough, and–"
"Lets get out of here" said Shadow, grabbing my hand.

Without time for protest, he dragged me out, Sonic calling after us.
He continued towards the park.
Sonic came racing out of the cafe.
Shadow slung me onto his back, running as fast as he could.
"Shadow, we don't have to run from him" I said.

"Sorry, Rose. I don't like followers" he growled lowly.
He turned a sharp corner, my belly churning.
"Shadow! Hey man, wait a sec!" Said Sonic as he caught up a little.
Shadow gave him the cold shoulder and ran to the park. He screeched to a halt just in time to not land into the lake.

He sighed. Sonic slammed into us, and we fell into the lake.
I sputtered up and looked around. Shadow and Sonic were yelling back and forth at each other.
Shadow suddenly took out his chaos emerald, and tramped toward me in the water, muttering something under his breath.

"Chaos Control!" He shouted as he grabbed my arm. With a white flash, we were gone. We landed suddenly, and I took in my surroundings. A small apartment with grey walls. It had a little living room and kitchen, and then a small hallway.

"Hear, you're all soaked. If you want, I'll take them and put them in the dryer for you."
"No, no. It's fine. I should get home."
"Why act like a stranger?" He purred. I blushed heavily.
"Anyways, this is my fault... mostly the fakers. But I want to make up for my part."

I finally sighed and nodded. I stripped my clothes off in Shadows room, as he waited in the hallway. I put on the clothes that sat on the bed in front of me. I didn't know why he had clothes, since he never wore them. Maybe for guests?
I slipped out of the room, and handed him the wet dress. He smiled at the sight of me.

A bit of a big shirt and board shorts that I had to pull up once in a while. 
"You look nice" he said with a smile.
"I'd hope so" I said as I kissed him.
He looked dazed for a second as he stared into my eyes. But he came back to reality and walked to the laundry room and put my dress in the dryer.

"I have water, if you want some" he offered as he closed the laundry room door. "I don't think I have any other things to drink."
I shrugged.
"I'm fine, thank you" I replied.
I sat on the sofa in the living room and stared out the window.
I felt bad about running away and ditching Sonic. Why was I like this all of a sudden?

"Your clothes should be ready in half an hour or so" he said as he walked in. I smiled.
"Thanks." He nodded and turned on a movie, and sat down with his arm around me. There was a sudden knock on the door.
"Here, I'll get it" he said, getting up. He walked over and opened it.

"Oh hey" he said as he opened the door.
"Why is Amy here? Do you know how late it is, and you have her here? Sonics so mad, what is the matter with you!?" Yelled a sudden voice.
"Hey! She's my girlfriend, and– hey!"
Rouge suddenly turned the corner and laid eyes on me. Oh dear god.

Her eyes widened at the sight of Shadows clothes on me, and how damp I looked.
"SHADOW! DID YOU–"
"No, Rouge, please calm down."
"Why is she in your clothes? Is she staying over here? What will Sonic think? He's probably at your house right now!"
"My house? Then why did you come here?" I questioned.
"We decided to split up, and–"

My phone suddenly rang, interrupting the fast talking bat.
It was Sonic and I grudgingly answered it.
"Hello?"
"Amy! Where are you? Are you in your house?" He asked desperately.
"No. Why?"
"Because it's on fire!" He yelled into the phone. I felt my heart thud in my chest.

"MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE?" I screamed.