Chapter 13 ~Diamond pulse~

Hope you like the update! Next one should only take a little bit!
~Blazey

I trekked down the dim street, feeling the ring in my hand and blushing as I thought of what to say. Oh Sonic, look what I found! He'll be so surprised. I could hardly wait.
"Hey hun" the smooth voice broke me out of my daze. I was only a few blocks from Sonics.
I spun around to see Rouge landing beside me, her white fur was luminescent in the light.

"Your date went well today, hm?" She asked.
"How did you know?" I asked, tightening my hand around the ring as if I was going to drop it.
"I was in the bush" she admitted. I sighed.
"So it was you" I breathed, recalling the movement in the bush.

"That's right. And that means that I saw your hasty dive..." she said, raising an eyebrow.
"Rouge, it was a present... meant for me" I said, looking down at my hand.
"And it's...?" She asked, waiting for my answer.
"An in scripted ring" I said, handing it to her. She looked down at it and studied it. She read the inside and frowned at me.

"Throw away the ring or throw away the relationship" said Rouge, marvelling at the emerald.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"You're going to see Sonic. That's easy" she said, handing me the ring. "And it's the equivalent to throwing away your relationship."
I narrowed my eyes and sighed.
"I'm not weak, Rouge" I said, turning away. "I think I can handle myself." And with that, I walked off.
I could hear Rouge sigh and fly away. This time, I knew that she was gone for sure.

I turned the corner and stopped, staring at his house. The lights weren't on, and I was starting to regret my decision. It didn't look like he was awake. This was a bad idea. I flooded with a streak of embarrassment.

I turned around, and kept staring at the ring as I walked, not paying attention to where I was going. I bumped into something, and I looked up. My eyes tried to adjust on the figure in front of me.

"Ames?" My eyes widened.
"S-Sonic?" I stammered, my stomach twisting into a knot.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
I blushed wildly and looked for words to say. And as the street lamp flickered on, I didn't have to.
It was clear to see that I wasn't wearing any gloves, and instead a ring was in place.

He looked down at it, and his expression stayed the same.
"That ring" he began.
"I found it in the water" I said, showing it off to him, trying to test if he would like to explain it himself, or if I would have to confront him about it manually.
"Amy, that Ring-" he broke off his sentence and tried to look for the right words.

Looks like he was going to try to explain, after all.
"Ames. I think... I." But he kept slipping and looking for words.
"I was going to give that ring to you... for your birthday" he said finally.
"I panicked; I decided I didn't want to give it to you for some stupid reason."
I felt a surge of triumphant pride. But it suddenly washed away.
What was I doing this for? I regretted my decision of coming here at all, or pushing him to tell me.

"That's all right, Sonic" I said. "It's getting late. I think I'm going to head home." He gave me a bewildered look.
"Ames, you just got here. Come inside and you can have a drink of something and chat" he insisted.
I instantly felt humiliated. What was I doing?

"I'm afraid she can't do that" said a rough voice as I felt a hand lay on my shoulder. I didn't have to look up to know who it was, or to wonder which look he had on his face. He had his calm glare going, like he always did when he tried to look intimidating; which wasn't very hard for him.

"Shadow, listen-"
Shadow coldly brushed his words away and turned, grabbing my hand and starting to walk off. I felt both grateful and guilty.
"Hey, pal! I'm talking to you!" Said Sonic as he quickly walked up to him. Sonic placed a hand on Shadow's shoulder, and as Shadow whipped around, the luminescent blades came out of his hands as he shouted for their summoning.

The chaos spears hit him dead on, and at a close range. Sonic went flying through the air. My heart sunk and started to beat rapidly as I heard Sonic fall on the paved sidewalk with a sickening thud.

"Oh god no" I whispered as I whipped out my phone while running over to his side.
"Hello, 911, whats your emergency?" I heard the lady on the other line greet.
"It's my friend, Sonic. He's been hurt." I scurried around his neck with my fingers in a panicky fashion. I practically cried the words out.

"I don't think he's breathing."