Chapter 9 Sonic

I ran from the window as fast as I could. I heard the door barge open as I slid into a dark corner where I hoped she wouldn't see me.

"Amy Rose!" Yelled Rouge as she entered the entry. I held me breath.
I didn't want a lecture. I wanted to go to bed. I wanted Shadow.
"Amy!" Yelled Rouge again as she walked up my stairs to my bedroom.
"Amy?" It came again but a tint of uncertainty and concern mingled in her voice. Was something wrong?
Maybe I should go se what it is.

"Amy?" She called again and came down the stairs. She came into the kitchen, where I could see her. I burrowed into my corner and scrunched up even more. She suddenly looked at me. I had forgot how good she was at hearing. She rolled her eyes and turned on the light. I winced.

"Amy, what are you doing with Shadow?" She asked, tired. I sighed.
"On a date. You can't control my life" I said as I looked away from her.
" amy..." she started as she kneeled down. "Sonic and the rest of us are worried about you" she said.
"That's a surprise that he would worry about me" I said with a pout.

" listen, honey. Tomorrow I'm hosting a dinner. It's going to be fun, and you don't have to dress up fancy. You going yo be there, for the sake of everyones sanity" she said. I gave a thoughtful look.

"If I say yes, will you leave and let me go to bed?" I asked. Rouge smiled.
"Yes, I'll leave. But if you don't come, I will drag you over there myself."
"Then fine, I'll come" I decided as I yawned. Satisfied, Rouge went and I got to go to bed.

I woke up with a jolt in the morning.
It was 10 o'clock already. I guess I was really tired last night. I rubbed my eyes and tried to remember last night.
But how could I forget? Shadow was so gentle that it surprised me. I had almost expected him to have pushed me away. Then I suddenly remembered. I had to go to Rouges dinner tonight. I imagined it would be at about 4:00 so that would give me plenty of time to mentally prepare. I went downstairs and ate Brunch.
I would have to save room, knowing Rouge she would make a big dinner.

By the time 4:00 came, I was just starting to get ready. If I was any later than 5:00, I was going to have a bat at my door. I put on what I wore last night on my date except put on that necklace that I had gotten for my birthday. I was ready and walked off to Rouges. By the time I got to Rouges house it was 4:35.

I found myself hesitant to open the door, just like before. I opened the door and hung up my coat. It was autumn and was colder then last night. I could hear laughter coming from the living room. I approached and leaned in the doorway. Silvers face was beet red, probably had just finished doing something embarrassing. I couldn't help but laugh, and when I did, all eyes were on me.

Sonic stood up, almost as if in loss of words. I noticed that Sally wasn't here to comfort the blue hero.
"Amy" he started. "What the heck?"
"I know, I know" I said, trying to get them to spare me the rhetorical questions.
"He's dangerous" said Knuckles.
"Were you on a date?" Asked Tails.
"Miss Amy, whats happening?" Asked Cream in her normal innocent voice.

"Amy kissed Shadow!" Shouted Rouge suddenly, making me blush and things worse. I slapped my hand to my forehead. It was like she wanted me to die.

"How could you?" Asked Blaze.
"Because I love him" I burst out.
The room fell silent. Sonic sighed and took my hand, leading me to the kitchen to talk alone. I could imagine if Shadow was here. He wouldn't have let Sonic talk to me alone.

"I don't understand you, Ames" he said. It suddenly felt weird to be called that.
Usually I was called by my last name by Shadow. Perhaps I had disconnected my self from my friends for to long.
"What?" I asked as I tried to look impatient and like I didn't care.
"We've been through this, but I don't want it to end like it did last time" he said as his eyes flickered with uncertainty.

I rolled my eyes and walked back into the living room of friends.
"Time to eat!" Declared Rouge as she pushed past Sonic and into the kitchen. The group followed and was rewarded with the big supper. I didn't sit anywhere close to Sonic.
Everyone was talkative and happy. It was as if nothing had changed. And for a lethal moment, I had forgotten about Shadow. How I loved him. How we ever went out.
After the supper, we played a game. It was then 8:55 and I had officially ran out of energy.

"Goodbye!" She called out as I walked down the steps.
"Goodbye" I called back and started making my way into the darkness of the night.
"Bye Rouge!" I heard another familiar voice say. The sudden blue blur sped up beside me.
"Mind if I walk you home?" He asked with his signature smile.
"Sure" I said as I looked away from him and continued walking.

When we made it to my house, Sonic suddenly stopped me in my tracks.
"Ames, I'm scared that he'll hurt you."
"Your talking about Shadow again?" I groaned.
"Yes, I am" he admitted.
"So you care now?" I asked stubbornly.
"Amy, I've always cared" he said quieter. I met his eyes and felt butterflies in my stomach.
"Sonic..." I said. I lunged at him, wrapping my hands around his neck in a hug.
"That's all I've ever wanted you to say!" I cried out. We were silent and I was over whelmed with happiness.

I pulled away a little and looked into his eyes again, our noses almost touching. I leaned in, closing my eyes slightly and ready to feel the warm touch of his lips.

Tonight, I was making a dream come true. And tonight, I was creating a nightmare.

▩▣▨▤▧▥▦▩▣▨▤▧▥▦▩▣▨▤

I'm getting goosebumps just by writing this!! (^-^*)/

BTW. I AM SORRY FOR RUSHING THE TIME. Ex: one minuet it's 10:30 in the story, next it's 4:59. One minuet it's 5:09, next it's freakin 8:00. Therfore, I am sorry. I got lazy.
( ̄◇ ̄;)

Amyyy. Whats happeninggg??
You guys got me up to 200 read and 20 votes! Thank you!!
Next updates going to be fun!

Sega owns characters.

x-Jazzy-B-Real-x owns cover.

I own plot.

Cia!
~Blazey♛