Chapter 58: BREATHE ME

She was all he needed. He could rest in peace knowing that she was right there with him. He loved her. She was everything. The feeling of her wrapped tightly to him frightened him. He's never felt this loved in his life. He kissed her gently on the forehead. He had been waiting for her his whole life. He just didn't know that it was Norma Bates that he was looking for. They belonged to each other. They were supposed to be together.

He smiled as her lips met his jaw. He cherished every moment he had with her. Secretly he knew it wouldn't last—nothing ever lasted. But none of that mattered as long as he was with her. He only cared about her.

Her lips met his neck, easing their way down as her hands played with the buttons on his shirt. He'd never understand how they got here. They used to be mortal enemies. But now he'd do anything for her. She was different from everyone else. He needed her. He was just too proud to admit it. He peeled off his shirt and tossed it aside.

She let her fingertips graze across his black t-shirt. Her eyes watched his lips. He could see the uncertainty written on her face. It was more obvious than anything he'd ever experienced with her. He watched her closely, more closely than he ever had. He needed to know exactly what she was feeling. He needed to know that this was real. She needed to know the truth. "I need you," he muttered. It was the simple truth.

Her eyes gazed up into his. She knew. She grabbed his hand and pulled him off the couch, leading him out of the living room and up the stairs. His heart pounded in his chest as they neared her bedroom. He was still a little unsure himself. He never really trusted her until now. He knew what her motive was...and for once this wasn't about her. It was about him. He pushed her back against the wall near the doorway of her room. His lips moved across hers with the most passion he's ever felt in his life. He loved her more than anything. He loved her more than life itself.

Without removing herself from him, she tugged them through the doorway of her room. She didn't bother to shut the door, but he didn't mind. He knew they were alone. He pulled his shirt over his head as she turned around to wait for him to unzip her dress. His eyes gazed down her back as he finally unzipped the dress. He's waited for this moment for a long time. He spent countless nights staring up at her window, trying to gain the courage to have a normal conversation with her. But now here he was...in that room rewriting their story. They weren't the same anymore. Things had changed. There was no going back. Alex liked it better this way anyway. He smiled as she turned around. He never appreciated a woman the way he appreciated her. She was special. She barely gave him enough time to breath before reconnecting their lips. She was better than everyone he knew. She had a heart of gold.

She undid his belt and pants, letting them fall to the floor. He kicked his clothing to the side and moved them towards her bed. He's thought about this moment for years. Perhaps ever since she came to his office asking for a favor. But it was different then. His motive was different. This meant something. This was his long awaited confession. This was the truth. He unclasped her bra and tossed it aside as his lips made their way down her neck.

He would waste no time with her. He spent a whole three years wasting time. He climbed off the bed and pulled off his boxers. She smiled as he did so. He smiled back at her as he pulled down her panties. But he stopped once he noticed the long scar running down the inner part of her thigh. There she was lying exposed in front of him...the last thing he wanted was to make her feel uncomfortable. He wanted to ask what happened, but he stopped himself. He knew he had been staring for too long, but he couldn't fight the concern that filled him. He leaned down and kissed the exposed skin before continuing on his original mission. It was the only way to ease his mind.

They stared at each other for a moment. Alex was at a loss for words—there was nothing to say. He was done waiting. He needed all of her. He climbed back on top of her and pressed his way inside. His heart could have exploded from the pressure it felt. He never felt this way about anyone in his entire life. She was the answer to all his problems. She was the one worth waiting for.

They moved together slowly and gently. He wanted to show her what love felt like. He took his time. It was just the two of them now. She was all that mattered. This was all that mattered. His lips met her jaw as he moved deeper. He wanted her to know how much he loved her. He needed her to know how important she was to him.

She began to clutch him tighter, pulling him closer to her—if that were even possible. He cherished the moans that left her lips. It was a sound he hardly remembered. He quickened his pace when he felt her insides start to close in on him. This was the beginning of something new. This was the beginning of the rest of his life. The pressure he felt was unbearable, but he kept going. He's waited to long. He's never been in love with anyone...just her. And now they were finally together. He felt himself release as she shuddered beneath him. They gazed at each other hazily. Alex sent her a smile, which she gladly returned. She knew the truth now. She knew what she meant to him.