The Antagonist Boy x Boy

(Protagonist's P.O.V.)

I sat in the dark at the end of the hall. Alone with my thoughts, caressed by the sweet embrace of my resolve. The gun under my sweatshirt made me feel powerful, invincible.

In this moment I was God.

I had the ability to create the future. In my hands, pressed against my warm chest, I held the key to everything. Death was clasped in my right hand, and Narrator's name was sealed like a prayer on my lips. I grinned as I heard the muffled creak of the floorboards behind Narrator's door. He didn't suspect a thing. In the sweet peace of his next few hours, he imagined an entirely uneventful night for himself. It was funny actually. I had to struggle to keep from laughing.

They'd been in Narrator's room for the entire evening. It made me angry to think of his hands on Antagonist, the lies he must be telling him.  I gritted my teeth until my jaw ached. Antagonist didn't want to leave, he was just getting confused. There's nothing beyond this place. Nothing but hell. I know.. I know Antagonist. Trust me. I saved us both, just like you asked and now I'm going to do it again.

All of this is for you.

I jumped at the sound of the knob turning, my pulse racing in my ears. My moment to act was coming soon. My eyes narrowed at the sight of Antagonist leaving Narrator's room, so small and vulnerable. Suddenly Narrator called out to him and Antagonist came padding back down the hall, only to wrap his arms around Narrator's neck and kiss him softly. I struggled not to cry out from the physical pain it brought me to watch. Wrapped in Narrator's gentle embrace, his thin arms holding Antagonist fast, like he needed him. A possessive hold. Finally, Antagonist detached himself and left all smiles and suppressed laughter.

You're a dead man Narrator.

I clutched the gun tighter. Waiting for Antagonist to disappear out of sight and Narrator to head into his room and drop his guard. That's how I wanted it, to see the look of surprise on his face when I pulled the trigger. He didn't even deserve an explanation. He'd been in the way since the beginning, "helping" Antagonist get to a better place, a safer place. That dumb ass. That better place screwed him up, screwed us all up. I shook with the memory, the blood, the scream I muffled with my white- knuckled hand... The way she looked into my eyes before I destroyed her. Erased her very existence. Only Narrator had to go and bring it back up. Let the Bitch die and let Antagonist be free you bastard, I thought as I began to slip from the shadows with the turn of Narrator's back.

I was euphoric, overcome with an incredible sense of purpose and accomplishment. Save Antagonist. Save them all. I ran swiftly forward, my advance virtually silent as my socked feet graced the floorboards.

Gun held tightly in both hands, safety off, trigger ready. I bit my lip and shouldered past his closing door.

"This is..." I paused my dramatic line as I failed to see him right away. He should've been right in front of me, walking into the room with his back to me, but he wasn't here. I whirled around as I heard a click from behind, he'd known. He'd gone in and stood by the door to trick me!

Then the lights went out.

"Shit." I cussed as the room became pitch black and my eyes desperately tried to adjust. I let go of the gun with one hand and clawed at the door for the handle. It wouldn't budge when I finally got a hold of it. My heart skipped a beat. The click I'd heard was him locking the door. I jumped back further into the black room as I heard him stumble towards me.

"Protagonist stop." Narrator called out calmly.

"Shut up!"  I hissed from where I stood somewhere relatively in the middle of the room. He jumped on me from the darkness, wrapping his arms around my waist in a low bear hug. I cried out in surprise and wrestled with him, kicking him hard in the knee and sending us both to the floor. I panicked as he tried to pin me down and I reached up and bit his shoulder. He yelled in pain and I flipped over so I was on top of him before throwing my fist down to punch his face in. I crashed my knuckles into the floor as I missed his head in the dark. He took the opportunity to shove me off with his palms against my chest. I flew backwards into a chair and struggled to get my bearings without the lights.