Kings Never Die

A/N: Soooo, a lot of people are talking about Southpaw starring Jake Gyllanhall as Billy Hope. I haven't watched it but from the trailers, it looked quite awesome. Anyway, here's a boxing!AU for Sterek :)

Boxing!AU where Derek meets Stiles at his lowest and tries to become better for him.

WARNING: There will be thoughts of suicide at the beginning of this story! If you feel uncomfortable with it, you may skip it.

**

The fame and fortune came with winning every fight. Every punch to your opponent was a crowd going wild for the win. Every hit you take was a challenge to your pride.

And when you lose the fight, you lose everything. Including the love you thought was there forever.

**

I stared at myself in the mirror and growled. Bruises and cuts were everywhere; some new, some old and healing. But some wounds are so deep that they can't heal on their own.

"You have to fight for what you want, Derek."
Laura told me when she was still alive. Here I thought that we'd be partners until the end, but she was gone now. I have nothing.

My career was falling to pieces. Some people hate on me. Some pity me. And some just don't care what I with my life anymore.

I glanced down at the gun in my hand. It felt heavy as I tried to lift it to my head, finger hovering over the trigger. I closed my eyes and my family's faces come to mind, and I stop.

I staggered backwards and let the slide out of my hand and down to the floor.

I fucked up.

**

Stiles was busy cleaning up the gym when someone came in through the front door.

He rolled his eyes and shouted, "We're closed!"

But there was no answer, just the heavy footsteps walking behind him and it was getting closer.

He tightened the grip on his broom and when he swung, the man caught it and Stiles' eyes widened. The man wore a black hoodie, sweatpants and trainers.

And somehow, he looked oddly familiar.

"Jesus! Are you trying to kill me?" The growled through his teeth as he took off the hood that revealed a bruised face of a man he knew; Derek Hale, the former WBO Super Welterweight Champion, the one who used to train here in his Dad's gym when he was eight years old. The man he looked up to growing up.

Stiles' eyes widened in surprise but immediately found his ground, "You do know that you didn't even answer me when I told you that we're already closed for the night."

Derek raised a brow and shrugged, "Look, I'm looking for John... Is he still around here?" He asked gruffly.

"My Dad's at the station doing his Sheriff duties. What does Derek 'The Alpha' Hale want with my Dad?" Stiles asked even though he already knew the answer to it. News travels fast in a small town like Beacon Hills and when you're famous like Derek Hale, well, let's just say it travels like the speed of light.

Stiles knew that Derek's career took a turn for the worst after that press conference shootout last year. Theo Raeken bad mouthed Laura Hale. Derek went over to scare him a bit but Theo continued to run his mouth causing Derek to throw the first punch. A bodyguard from Theo's side pulled out a gun and Laura went to protect her little brother, she died shortly after. The only family he had left.

Stiles saw the news about the bank taking everything that Derek owned after his suspension. No fights meant no income.

"I'm looking for somewhere to train while I'm here." Derek said as he shoved his hands into his pockets.