Living with Sourwolf

...exactly what it says so on the tin :)

**

Ever since Stiles started living with Derek, he learned a lot of things just from the first day alone.

Since Sheriff Stilinski re-married, Stiles took that as an opportunity to become independent. Of course, John and Melissa strongly disagreed with him, saying that he could just live with them since he's still working on his thesis.

But then one pack night, Derek was the one who openly suggested to Stiles that he could move in to the Hale house with him since Isaac decided that he was staying in France.

They talked about it with John and Melissa and they agreed.

**

It was purely platonic at first. Well, as platonic as friends having feelings for each other platonic... Hah!

They were comfortable with what they have; they were friends and it was enough, but that was a year ago.

Everything goes south when Scott pointed it out.

"So, when are you going to tell me about you and Derek?" Scott asked one game night at the Hale house. Derek was still at the station and Stiles took that as an opportunity to spend some time with his best friend.

Stiles quickly whipped his head towards Scott and said, "There's nothing to tell. We're friends... and we'd like to keep it that way..."

Scott frowned slightly at his best friend and said, "Dude, there's definitely going on. I mean, you guys live in the same house, know each other's schedule... you have nicknames for each other, Stiles."

Stiles rolled his eyes fondly as he threw a pillow at Scott's face and said, "Sourwolf and Big Guy are terms of endearment, Scotty, not nicknames."

"Yeah right. And when he calls you 'Red' and you call him 'Blue', is that a term of endearment as well?" Scott asked as he wagged his eyebrows suggestively at his best friend.

"Oh my... Listen, there's nothing going on, Scott. We're friends and we live together... We're pack... H-He's important... Oh my God! Stop looking at me like that!" Stiles shoved Scott's shoulder who just laughed as he got up and went on to refill the bowl.

And for some reason, Stiles couldn't help but really think what was really going on between him and Derek.

Was there really something?

**

Derek likes Stiles.

When they started living together a year ago, he thought he was going to regret having Stiles live with him but surprisingly, the human was quite an enjoyable housemate.

Stiles loved to cook, he cleans up at least twice a week... general cleaning, like you wouldn't believe. He loves Derek's library and would spend ample amount of hours in there and would literally forget about food.

They hung out, watched movies, and yes, they would eat put together.

But Jordan Parrish just had to ruin the moment.

"Hey, what's up with you and Stiles?" Jordan asked one night while they were on patrol.

Derek quickly raised a brow and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what's the real score with you two? I mean, you guys have been living together for a year. Aren't you guys dating?" The hellhound asked as he laughed softly.

"Stiles and I... are what? Look, we're not dating." Derek quickly answered but earned a loud snort from the man.

"Yeah, right. C'mon, the Sheriff and Melissa have you guys over for dinner every Friday night. Scott says he found you two cuddling it out at least a dozen times for the past year. Are you seriously telling me that you guys are not dating?" Jordan pointed out as they pulled up to a red light.

He likes Stiles; well, more than like. He's way past the like zone. He's in love with the guy but does Stiles feel the same way?

Derek shifted uncomfortably in his seat and said, "We're friends, Jordan. Friends have dinner all the time. And Scott doesn't know how to knock or use the doorbell anyway."

Jordan rolled his eyes and added, "Right, friends who have dinner with the parental units."

When the traffic lights turned green, Jordan drove in silence once more and Derek was in deep thought as to why would anyone think of him and Stiles dating?

And that if Jordan thought that way, who else thought of it?

**

Stiles going out of his mind. The thought of him and Derek dating was simply crazy, right?

Why would Scott think that?

They were living together platonically; they have been for the past year and nothing was going on.

...well, except for the cuddling and the nicknames but there was nothing going on between them.

Right?

"What are you doing?"

He squawked and said, "I'm getting you a bell that says 'Sourwolf'!"

The corner of Derek's eyes crinkled as he smiled fondly at the young man who was absentmindedly let the pasta boil over.

"I'm cooking spaghetti and meatballs; go freshen up, okay?" Stiles immediately said in order to get his thoughts straight.

"With garlic bread?" Derek's face lit up the moment he heard 'spaghetti and meatballs'.

Stiles sniggered as he said, "Yes, with garlic bread. Now, go and wash up!"

Before he knew it, Derek was going upstairs and he could hear the loud thud of the man's shoes.

**

After dinner, Stiles knew he and Derek had to talk about what was going on between them.

He was getting antsy and it's really getting out of control.

"Derek... Can I talk to you about something?" Stiles asked as he slowly wiped the plate.

Derek leaned against the sink next to Stiles and said, "It's about what Scott said, isn't it?"

"Heh... H-how did you know?" Stiles turned to face the werewolf with a confused look on his face.

"Jordan asked what the real score was between us..." Derek muttered as he kept his eyes on the floor.

Stiles wiped his hands dry and then took Derek's hand; it was warmer than normal human's. It felt really good and perfect in Stiles' hand.

"What IS the real score? I mean, between us... Are we something? Do we have something? Or are am I just assuming?" Stiles asked softly as he fiddled with the werewolf's fingers.

Derek smiled as he placed his other hand on Stiles' waist and said, "You're not assuming it. I-I like you. More than like actually."

Stiles looked up, golden brown eyes warm and loving as he stared into Derek's green eyes and a smile rose from those cupid's bow lips.

"Can we be something more? Because I really want to kiss you right now, Derek." Stiles said as he slowly inched towards Derek.

And before he could react, Derek pulled him close and met his lips.

**