Introduction

Thank you for reading. This is the second book in a three part series. If you haven’t read the first book, you can access it on wattpad at this link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/3401170-the-office-surprise-an-interracial-romance

This book builds on that one and is set in the same office complex. If you don’t want to get any spoilers, then you should stop reading and go back and read book one and follow the relationship of Michael and Laura.

Please listen, if you haven’t read book one, there are spoilers below…

**********************************

When Michael Leon resigned from Watt’s Research, Steve Bray took his position. Steve is the antithesis of Michael. He is arrogant and brass. He is a little older than Michael at 35, and he is a fiercely independent playboy who bounces from woman to woman with an abandon that is awe inspiring to the men and nauseating to the women. He has come into his own and is seen as the third in command. He has no desire for any relationship that is longer than one night in a hotel room.

Steve’s only subordinate is Janet Mills. She is a 30 year old African American woman who was happy that her good friend Ashley Miller, got her this job. Her fiance was downsized in the great recession that eliminated many financial sector jobs. He stayed in New York City looking for employment while Janet, tired of waiting, went on to find a job. She talks to her fiance regularly, but the distance is wrecking her relationship. She wants love and believes she has found it.

Ashley Miller is still the HR head of the department and spends most of her days writing policies and then playing policeman to make sure that they are followed. She is an attractive Caucasian woman in her early 30s who is still a little bitter about losing Michael to Laura in their interoffice love triangle.

And then there is Laura Beach, the Caucasian woman who won Michael Leon’s heart in our last story. She has been walking in the clouds ever since Michael and her began their relationship at that Atlanta Airport. She still heads up “Laura’s Geek Squad” and even comes in dressed like she belongs with them on occasion.

Michael Leon, the African American man who resigned from Watts research in our last story. Dr. Stevens was so happy that he came back to the office that he gave him another raise and promoted him into second in command. Dr. Stevens has missed more and more days as he is loving his new found wealth as the sole owner of a small startup. Michael is the man who runs the shop while Dr. Stevens is gone.

And finally, there is Carol, the Caucasian brunette receptionist at Watts Research. She is quickly finishing her degree in education and is now talking about getting another degree.

This story begins approximately a year after the last story ended.

Steve Bray may be a playboy without any intentions of a relationship and Janet Mills may have a long term relationship, but we shall soon see that Love does not always follow our rules and that sometimes love may find us even when we explicitly say, “Not Him…”