Two Peas In A Pod

The small cafe was half full. “It is about damn time.” Ashley said to Janet. “So we finally get to meet this Terry, you had us wondering if he was a figment of your imagination.” Ashley joked.

“Don’t make me leave you with the check Ash…”

“I’m serious, you are about to marry this man and all we hear is that he may be coming, no he might be coming, no he had to back out…”

“Well, he well be here this week and I don’t know if you are still gonna get to see him because I have to make up for lost time.” Janet smiled. “But what about you? You said you were going to give me the low down on that date you had.”

“The guy was gorgeous. He’s a session musician.”

“Sounds promising.”

“Too bad he is dumb as a doornail and really too young for me.”

“Awwww…”

“At least he could make my toes curl…” Janet and Ashly laughed. “Do you think I will ever find someone? I haven’t had a good prospect since…since Michael. You think he and Laura are in it for the long haul?”

“Snap out of it. Your time is coming. The last thing we need is for you to put that kind of drama in the office.”

“You haven’t had him Janet, I just wonder if I lost the love of my life.”

“He is fine, but Ashley, please don’t do anything stupid…Maybe I aughta hook you up with somebody.”

Ashley perked up and said, “I hope it ain’t another golddigger from your church. I think I can find guys on my own who will empty out my bank account.”

“Now that ain’t right. There are a lot of good guys at my church. And really, I didn’t hook Penny and Steve up together.”

“You basically threw them into each other’s arms. And that guy is so high on her that he can’t see she is draining him dry.”

“Yeah, well I am threw talking about it with him. When you and Laura put me up to tell Steve about Penny, Steve tried to get me fired. Now two weeks later he is just now talking to me again.” Janet smiled.

“Now you know Steve wasn’t gonna do that. He was just mad, ya’ll two are like two peas in a pod. If you weren’t so in love with Terry you probably would be dating Steve right now.”

“Me and Jim Carey? You gotta be out of your mind.”

Ashley looked into her eyes and laughed. “You can call him Jim Carey all you want, I think you got a little crush on Steve.”

“You need to shut up about that.”

“If Terry don’t get here soon, he is gonna have to deal with Steve.” Ashley teased.

“Whatever Ash…Let’s get back to work before the man you claim loves me fires me for real this time.” Janet joked.

“I didn’t say he loved you, I said you loved him.” Ashley teased.

They both walked to the car to head back to work.

******************************

“Hey Michael, I have to step out for a few minutes.” Steve stuck his head in Michael’s door and said at 2:00pm that workday.

“No skin off my nose, what you got to do?”

“It’s Penny, she wants me to rush home and give her a couple hundred dollars so that she can get her hair done.”