Chapter 3

Wendy POV

I woke up at around 9 AM, and I didn't hear Natsu or Gajeel fighting. I went downstairs to see if they were alright, and I saw Natsu standing there with his bangs covering his eyes. Gajeel stood there looking gloomier than he usually does, and Natsu, that was rare for him to be sad and gloomy.

"Natsu, is everything alright?" I asked my stomach starting to do flips. Natsu looked at me and there were tears falling from his eyes. "W-Wendy... It's Mom and Dad... They... They disappeared. I called their friend's house and asked if they were still at his house, and he said that they left at 10 PM the day that they went over... We found their car, broken and destroyed... There was no sign of them." He said and my eyes widened. "You're lying!" I shouted and Natsu didn't answer.

I can't believe that! I can't! I felt a lump form in my throat and everything was too hard to take in. I ran out of the door without thinking, happy that I had gotten dressed before coming down, not even wearing a coat or shoes. I ran and ran pinching myself to wake up. THIS ISN'T REAL! It's all just a dream, and I'm going to wake up any second now! Come one Wendy! WAKE UP!

Even though I pleaded myself to wake up, I never did. I stumbled into the snow on the sidewalk and I cried. I couldn't hold back the loud sobs that erupted through the air. Natsu and Gajeel wouldn't be able to comfort me, and the only person who really had a chance was Chelia, and she was gone on a trip.

I cried there my sobs filling the air around me. "Wendy?" I heard someone say my name and I looked up to see Romeo standing there looking down at me with what I think is worry, but why would he be worried about me?

I looked back down at the snow and I couldn't will myself to stop crying.

Romeo POV

It was like any other morning that I didn't have school. Get dressed, eat breakfast go on a walk to the park. Most of the time I went on walks in the morning, which many people would probably make fun of me at school if they found out about it.

I was going on a walk and then I just saw a bluenette in the snow sobbing. There was a pain in my heart that I can't describe as I approached her. "Wendy?" I asked making sure it was indeed her. She looked up at me, her large brown eyes filled with tears and her cheeks stained with dry ones. She looked so sad and pained that it broke my heart to see her that way. She looked back down at the snow and continued crying silently.

"Is everything alright?"I asked her even though I knew that everything was not alright.

She shook her head and only then did I notice that she wasn't wearing any coat or any shoes. She must be freezing. I crouched down next to her and she looked at me. She sat on her legs and she was wearing a long dress. "Wendy, what happened?" I asked even though I knew that it wasn't any of my business. She would probably not tell me anyways.

"My parents... They... they disappeared." She cried and I was shocked by what she said. I couldn't move or speak and I felt horrible for her.  A sweet girl like her doesn't deserve what happened to her.

I tried to comfort her but I had no idea what to say. "I-I'm sorry... Wendy." I finally said and she looked up at me. "Why are you sorry?" She sniffed and continued to cry. "You don't deserve what happened to you." I said sincerely. She only kept crying but I think that she took my words to heart. I really did love this bluenette.

What happened next I didn't expect. She jumped onto me hugging me making me fall over. I was surprised but I pat her back in a comforting way. She cried into my shoulder for a while and then she finally stopped. She pulled away, she had stopped crying, yes, but she still looked like she was in pain and sadness. "Thank you." She muttered before walking away. I got up and brushed all the snow from my jeans and started walking home. I keep on thinking about what happened.

The next day at school, Wendy was ignoring me and giving me the cold shoulder just like before. I was disappointed because I thought that I had gotten one step closer to her. "R-Romeo?" I heard and I turned around to see a girl with orange hair stand here with big green eyes.

She held up a tissue flower with intricate designs on its petals. "I-I made this in art class... And I w-wanted you to have it." She said a pale shade of pink covering her pale cheeks. "What is your name?" I asked and she blushed even more. "Trinity." She said and I smiled. "Thank you, Trinity." I said as she gave me the flower and running off.

I felt friendlier than I did before. It's strange what one girl can do to you.

Wendy POV

I don't know what I was thinking when I saw Romeo there after Natsu told me what happened. I barely talked to anyone now, and I returned to hating Romeo. I took Chelia's advice and I sorted out my feelings. I came with the decision that I hated Romeo, not loved him. He had just been concealing his real personality on Fairy Wings. That's what I forced myself to believe anyway.

I sighed as yet another class was over. I was no longer cheery, I was gloomy. The news of my parents' disappearances changed me. I walked out of the classroom and walked down the halls to my locker. This was my last year in high school, and I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I've never had my first kiss. I've never really had a boyfriend before either... Well that's not entirely true...

I shook my head not wanting to resurface a bad memory. I scowled. I hate you Romeo. I've made up my mind. And I'll never forgive you.

1