Chapter 11

Wendy's eyes slowly opened, revealing her in a white room, and she felt something clutching her hand. She slowly turned her head to feel her neck aching, and there she saw Romeo, sitting in a chair beside the bed that she was resting in, holding onto her hand with his hair hiding his eyes. She moved a little bit and his head snapped up revealing worried eyes that looked like he was crying a lot.

"Wendy..." He said his voice cracking. She felt sleepy and most of her body hurt. "I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. When I heard a scream when I was walking home... I... I came as fast as I could but I only made it at the last second..." He said tears forming in his eyes as he bit back his tears. "You were here for a week. I was starting to worry that you wouldn't wake up." He said and Wendy looked at him. "Hey, don't cry. I'm here right now, and I'm awake. I won't leave, I promise." She said using her one arm that didn't hurt which wasn't bandaged and she pulled him towards her.

He sat there his head in between her neck and shoulder, limply. He cried silently as Wendy held him tightly. "I was so scared that I'd lost you." He cried and Wendy smiled a small, delicate smile for her muscles ached.

"You don't need to be scared anymore. I'm here now. Don't cry." She said trying to cheer him up but that didn't work. "I can't help it. I love you so much. I can't bear the thought of loosing you." He sobbed and Wendy's heart was touched by his words. "I love you too." She whispered her voice hoarse. After a few minutes, the door opened revealing a doctor. "I see that you are awake Mrs. Marvell Dragneel." She said and Romeo pulled away wiping away the rest of his tears.

Romeo had to leave as Wendy was brought somewhere to fix her arm which appeared to be broken.

Romeo waited outside of the room where Wendy was in. Someone sat down next to him and he looked beside him, shock written all over his face. There sat Lidia, starring at him like he was a prey. She scooted until the end of her seat and traced forms with her fingers on his arm. He shook her off not wanting to deal with the girl who had broken up with him a few months after his sister died. She leaned in and whispered seductively. "I've missed you Romeo. Why don't you and I make up for the past?"

Romeo couldn't take it so he stood up turning to face her with an angry expression. "Lidia. I have a girlfriend, and I won't betray her. I never will." He said and she looked at him with a bored expression. "So, you guys did end up together." She said and Romeo twitched. "You mean you knew that we went on a date and you still tried to get me?" He said trying to keep his anger under control.

Before Lidia could reply he turned his back to her and walked away. He needed some fresh air to clear his mind. 

How dare she!? She knew that he had feelings for Wendy and that the said girl returned those feelings.

He opened the door, the soft breeze of the morning air hitting his face and he breathed in deeply. He was so happy that Wendy had woken up after a week of worrying, and she was going to be alright.

He couldn't bear loose her, not how he had lost hi sister. He wouldn't have been able to live with himself if he had been too late. So this is true love, huh? It's sweet but also bitter and it can make you miserable. Romeo thought as he closed his eyes.

He opened them again and walked back into the hospital hoping that Lidia was gone.

He sat on a chair beside the door of the room where Wendy was in.

He was happy that those animals that were planning on killing Wendy were in jail. She would be safe; she was going to be safe, no matter what.

Romeo visited the hospital every day, and after a week she was let out of the hospital. One of her arms was in a brace; it was only fractured, almost to the point of breaking though.