9|| Frogs and books

Riley was the first girl to ever reject Jupiter. He didn't like that at all.

Out of all the girls he ever wooed, Riley was the one who seemed to be unimpressed with his skills.

During lunch break, Jupiter built up the courage he already had only this time, he was nervous. He ran a hand through his short brown hair, and took in a deep breath when he decided to approach Riley who was busy doing something in her locker. He noticed how she struggled to maintain things to seem normal.

When he was just close enough he put an arm on the locker, resting.

"Hey Riley," he tried to sound casual but his tone gave everything away, "what are you up to?" He questioned trying to get a look at her. He wondered why she had almost her body covering the locker.

"Jupiter if you're trying to flirt with me, now it's not the time. Find me after school." She struggled, her hair fell almost to her waist and it was all over the place, making her irritated even more.

"What? I only came over for a friendly conversation," Jupiter raised both hands in surrender, slightly bothered that again Riley was assertive and ignoring him for completely, "say what do you have in there?" He raised an eyebrow, smirking and without a warning, pushed her head as side to find a large frog, sitting in the middle of the locker, followed by small little ones, "What the fuck Riley!" Jupiter was abruptly pushing Riley aside, so she decided to push back but as she tried to, Jupiter stepped aside, and Riley fell.

Shocked and on the floor, they both saw the small frogs leap out of her locker out everywhere. Rapidly she took off to catch each of the little things, she turned to Jupiter, "Move! Help me Jupiter!" She panicked, they both knew the bell would soon ring.

Jupiter crouched down and began trying to get a hold of these little jumpers that every time he would try and capture one, they would lead across out of his reach.

So far there was one mama frog and six little ones according to Riley. Jupiter observed them as they were all little puppies, but one of them leaped on Rileys black hair, she was chest down, butt up; trying to get a hold of a little frog that went under a door.

Jupiter felt himself go red, knowing he was checking her out. He tried so hard not to get hard in a public space. Slowly, not to scare the frog instead Riley was the one who grunted trying to reach the lost frog. He cupped his hand in a way attempting to hold the frog that jumped on to Riley's butt.

Fuck, Jupiter thought. Before the frog could leap away he caught the frog just in time, as well as slapping Riley's butt who instead of the frog, leaped up startled and her cheeks flustered in red.

"Seriously!?" She shrieked in panic. She glared at Jupiter angry and roughly took the last frog from his hand, "if you wanted to touch me all you had to do was ask," she struggled to hold every frog together.

"I was trying to get the frog, don't flatter yourself too much Ray," Jupiter defended, running a hand through his dark hair, nervous about what had happened. Riley wasn't the first girl he's ever touched, Riley was the first girl who didn't ask to be touched by Jupiter, "Anyway, what are you doing with frogs in school?" He tried to change the subject and waked besides her back to her locker. He saw how she poured the little creatures inside a plastic container.

"I stole them from our Bio teacher, he was going to have us all dissect them so I bought them," She brushed a strand of her beautiful long black hair behind her ear that wasn't pierced with any jewelry.

"Oh," Jupiter found it hard to speak to her, until he realized he was losing his coolness he decided to resort to his old self, "so you have a thing for frogs?" He cocked an eyebrow at her and gave a lopsided smirk to her. Riley was so unimpressed with him.

She rolled her eyes and slammed the locker shut, slapping that smirk of his away. He was almost scared of her.

She was already waking away when he jogged up to her, again besides her.

She looked at him through her black rimmed glasses, and pierced through his soul with her fiery blue eyes.

"No," she finally answered.

Jupiter burrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What?" He asked.

"My type Jupiter, frogs aren't my type." She spoke. He began to notice how her voice was delicate and soft, "I like boys with dark brown hair, boys with eyes that resemble the center of a sunflower, boys who have unique and exotic names. Boys who keep insisting and I keep denying. I especially like boys with charming smiles. Boys with the given name of Jupiter." She looked at him. She was holding books across her chest in a way she was protecting her self. Books were her shield.

And it was when the bell rung loud. Kids coming out of classroom doors like ants coming out of an ant hole.

Riley gave him a smile. Her teeth weren't straight, her two front tooth slightly crooked. Jupiter was lost out of words, a special effect Riley had on him.

He was at first confused, that is until he realized she might have been joking or confessing because before he had time to react she already stepped beside him, giving him a kiss on the cheek causing him to have a Rosie tone, and heard her chuckle as she walked to her classroom.

"Riley wait up," he smiled like an idiot when she stopped and did wait for him, and together they walked. Side by side, timidly but comfortably.

There was one thing unusual about this pairing, is was that they both had the same birthday. At least these two opposites had one thing in common.