Not Expected

A/N: A day late but here it is.

Dib and I follow our class, somewhere in the middle of the group of them... filthy things. I look around the "woods", shrubs meshing with trees that cascade us in a neverending path. I can barely see the sky through it all.

I release a quiet groan, just as I begin to hear loud provocations. "Come one fag! Say something!" An empty headed jock demands teasingly. I glance behind me, I hadn't even notice that Dib gotten stuck behind me. Two classmates poke and probe at him, both mentally and physically.

Last time I can remember this happening was almost a year or two ago.

"Come one freak, where's the aliens?!" They laugh at him. How did this even happen? Should I do something.. I notice our class leaving us far behind. Shouldn't Mr.Petty do something?! I look back at the ridiculous scenario behind me, leading to a scowl to present itself on my face. Then, they move to push him. Into a ditch. Or... is that a cliff? No. I dash over, pushing the idiots onto the ground with as much force I can manage, and catch Dib by the hand. I pull him away from the cliff before he could further fall backwards. Tears were running down his face. I look at the stupid assoles about to tell them off, until they scurry away, like the animal they are.

I face Dib again seeing his eyes shut with tears still flowing, he whimpers. I've never really saw him after being bullied, before. He always ran off and when he'd come back he would act like he always did. Despite the tears, I pull him close, if I burn at least I'll be here for him. He opens his eyes seemingly shocked at the gesture he'd receive. He wraps his arms around me.

I've never seen him so vulnerable.

I don't think I want to either.

We sit there a while before he pulls away, his eyes red and sore. "Oh my god.." He notices how he drenched my shoulder. Dib moves the fabric from over my shoulder to see his effect, "sorry". He further examines the burn.

"It's no big deal" Like your head I tease him silently.

""Actually, I think we should patch that up," he sniffles, "it's pretty bad".

I glance my shoulder to come up with an excuse... "oh.." I shrug, "I usually just let it heal by itself."

Dib blinks a few times, "not this time" He stands and wipes his straying tears and pulls me up by the hand.

We leave the woods still hand in hand. Eventually what I thought was wandering we ended up at the first aid center. There was no one presently there so, lucky for us no explanation needed. Dib went over to the cabinets, scavenging for.. something. He pulls out some gauze and what read burn ointment.

"Can you take your shirt off?" He requests.

"..Yeah" I tug my shirt off careful of the wound.

Dib smiles to my discomfort and continues. He squeezes some ointment from the tube and rubs it into the wound gently, after he takes the gauze and wraps it up. "Done". How does he know how to do these things, so well?

"Thanks" I pull my shirt back on just as careful as I took it off.

"So.."

"Okay enough of this moosh. What are you two boys doing?" A mid thirties looking women walks into the room.

"He got hurt." Dib points at me.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah"

The women checks Dibs fix and nods, "alright, not bad" she pauses and moves her gaze over to Dib, "I believe you, though I think next time you should wait for assistance." She smiles, "You can call me Ms.Lowell."

"Alright," Dib responds and I just nod.

"Okay then," She moves over to her desk and files through some paper, continuing her work I  guess.

"I guess we'll be going" Dib gestures for me to come with him, as he walks over to the door. I follow and the women waves us off absentmindedly.

"I didn't think that would turn out like that" Dib half smiles as we walk off.

"Now will we get in trouble when we get back to the class is the next question" I mumble.

"Well.." Dib stops in his tracks, "there they are". I look in his facing direction, hm.

A/N: Awesome! Here it is!! It's kinda jumbled in my opinion but here it is! woo. 

Now on to the next few things I'm typing up today. \(OuO)/