Chapter 8

I'm so sorry, this isn't anywhere near how I planned it out to be, I tried to remember what happened but I just couldn't get everything right. So I apologise for this terrible chapter. Also, you should be happy I updated this, I'm meant to be practising for my Spanish & French mock exams coming up in a couple of weeks -.-

***

For once, Niall wasn't in his flat, alone, thinking of Harry.

He was at work.

Not that he's done a lot since being there, all he has been doing is think about how he fucked everything up with Harry the other day... which annoyed Alex, his coworker, for two reasons: he didn't like Harry because of their previous run in and the second is because of Niall's daydreams, Alex has been having to do all of the work himself.

"Hey Ni, is it alright if I go now? I've been locking up all week, and I have plans tonight." Alex pulls Niall out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, sure bud, thanks for helping me out though, I'd have been fired by now if it wasn't for you, I owe you one." Niall smiled at him.

"Yeah, ya do! I'll see you tomorrow, you've got a ride, yeah?"

"Um, yeah, I was thinking about ringing Louis after I've locked up." Niall spoke while gathering his things along with Alex. "I'll see you later." Alex hugged Niall before leaving him on his own.

It took Niall about an hour to make sure everything in the store had shut down properly, mainly because Niall kept on getting distracted by his thoughts. Not all about Harry this time, he was also wondering when his car would get fixed so he can use it again instead of getting Louis to drive him around everywhere.

Speaking of Louis, Niall still had to call him to tell him to get his arse down here. So he pulled out his phone and dialled Louis' number that he'd happened to learn over the years.

"Shit, Ni, what do you want?" Louis practically shouted down the phone.

"Um, I need a lift."

"Niall, I told you I couldn't do tonight..." Louis lowered his voice and Niall swore he could hear him mutter "fuck Li, like that, yeah"

Great...

"Louis, you didn't have to answer the phone if you're in the middle of shagging Liam."

"Okay, well then hurry up and get home then."

"Fine. See ya." Niall hung up, wanting to forget what just happened.

He walked out of the building and locked the doors before turning around and zipping his jacket up further. Of course it's fucking cold. Just my luck...

Once again Niall was brought out of his thoughts, but this time he didn't want to. There was a car in the corner of the parking lot, even though the store had shut ages ago. The car park is only permitted for employees after hours, so he knew it was some stranger who obviously hadn't read the signs.

Even though said vehicle was within Niall's pathway, he didn't have the guts to tell them to move. He barely had the guts to even walk passed the car to get home.

So he shyly made his way toward the exit, next to the car, trying to hide in his coat so the person wouldn't notice him, but as he came closer to the car, his heart beat settled slightly.

Harry's car? What's he doing here?

Niall looked into the car, seeing a very tired looking Harry on his phone, playing on doodle jump. Niall decided he'd rather just open the door rather than scaring Harry because there's some dude looking into his car way past midnight. So he opened the door.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to open it. Actually, I thought you were just going to leave."

"I was too curious. Why are you here?"

"I needed to speak to you about something..." He sighed. "It's a bit late now but if you tell me when you're next free, we can meet up and chat, yeah?"

Niall nodded his head at his words while he started the car. He was too tired to complain or argue about anything. Obviously he was also too tired to stay awake for as soon as Harry left the car park, Niall was already asleep, not that Harry cared.

***

when Niall awoke he wasn't shocked as to where he was. He's been waking up in Harry's bed a lot lately. Not in that way.

The only difference was that this time, there was no Harry. Niall couldn't feel his body heat like he usually could, so he decided to go look for him.

Not that it took him that long. He could smell something cooking so he walked into the kitchen to find Harry cooking shirtless. Niall decided to stay silent and just watch Harry for a while until Harry started to dance. Niall definitely couldn't take that, he'd probably end up embarrassing himself by moaning at his movements.

"Morning Haz." Niall called out to Harry, making him jump up and drop the scrambled eggs.

"Fuck Niall! Jesus Christ, you scared me half to death!" Harry panted out, his hand across his chest over his heart.

"Sorry." Niall cackled out in between his laughs. "But that was hilarious!"

"It wouldn't have been that funny if I'd died." Harry pouted. "And now we don't have scrambled egg."

"It's fine Haz, just plate up and come and sit down. You can talk now if you want?"

"Um, sure, just... eat first, yeah?" Harry mumbled while putting Niall's plate down in front of him.

As usual the conversation between the two men never seemed to cease. Well, until Harry needed to tell Niall why they were both there.

"Why am I even here Harry?" Niall asked, placing his cutlery to the side of his plate.

"You fell asleep last night and I felt bad about waking you up so I just let you use my bed. No big deal."Harry shrugged as Niall sighed.

"That's not what I meant. What did you need to tell me?" He asked and Harry became silent, thinking of his answer.

"Okay, please don't get mad at me, but I realised something yesterday after my mum rang me. Um... do you remember a couple of days ago you slept round and my mum called, you told her we'd go down and see her tomorrow and the thing is, I forgot to tell her we "broke up" and so she thinks we're still going."

"Yeah...? What's the problem?" Niall asked dumbly.

"Well, you've been ignoring me, I was certain you didn't want anything to do with me."

"I'll go. If you want, that is. I don't think I could live with knowing I'm the reason you got kicked out and became homeless."

"Niall! Thank you so much! I wouldn't have a clue how I would've told Gem and my mum. I'd probably die of embarrassment! Thank you so much!"

"You're one lucky man Styles."

Words: 1,150