Chapter 2

This chapter will seem a bit forward but you'll know why
some other time during the book. Enjoy.

***

Silence.

That's all that happened since Louis left Niall's apartment.

Niall hadn't left his apartment either. Too scared he'd bump into Louis... Of course Niall wanted to apologise to Louis, he knew he was out of line.

But that's exactly it. Niall was always the one who apologised, and to be fair, he was sick of it.

He even called into work saying he was too sick to come in. He knew Louis would most likely go through sometime... Not because of Niall but simply because he lives across from the store.

And that is all Niall is doing now. That's all he has been doing while he's been off.

Thinking.

What if Louis never apologises?

Would we ever make up and become friends again?

There's no way to know for sure, but Niall was sad that Louis was basically his only friend.

That was kind of obvious, but still... And as he was his only friend, Niall was fucked.

Anyone would be in his situation...

At the moment Niall was laying on his sofa, a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream in his lap, and Titanic playing on the tv in front of him.

This was at least the third time Niall had watched this movie this week, he literally had nothing to do.

He was a little worried that he would loose his job, so he was going to go in later on tonight to help out and start getting back into some sort of a routine.

Which he really should be getting ready for right now but it was fine, he still had a few hours to go, but instead he was distracted by an argument that was going on in the apartment next to Niall's.

Being the nosey bugger Niall is, he quietly opened his front door slightly to at least see, or hear, who it was.

What are they even arguing about?

He asked himself, trying to listen closer.

"Harry, you can't spend your life alone, you have to go out! Go find someone!" Niall knew straight away that it was wrong to listen to the conversation but come on, Harry is his favourite subject.

"Mum... It's complicated."

"What's so complicated about finding a girl?" This question made Niall intrigued, wanting to know Harry's answer.

"Can we not do this here, my neighbours would be thinking terrible things, I'm sure of it."

"No, Harold-"

Harold? Anne definitely isn't happy...

"Mum, please."

"If you can't tell me, I should go. I'll see you soon my love." Anne spoke as she walked off.

Harry stood there, looking hurt. Should I go out and comfort him? Niall thought.

"Ah, why the hell not." Niall whispered quietly to himself. "Harry! You okay?" Harry's head snapped to Niall as soon as he shouted.

"Uh yeah, just tired I guess." Harry smiled slightly, starting to walk away, but stopped as soon as Niall spoke up.

"I'm sorry... But I don't believe that."