25 - Battle of New Orleans

Klaus POV

Klaus POV

"Hello love" I smiled answering the phone, I heard a relieved sigh from the other end "Everything alright?"

"Is it ever?" Belle groaned, pulling a laugh from me "Jaspers in trouble" she informed "his magic has just decided to up and leave and we don't know what's happening"

  "The poor thing will he have to do the dishes the human way now" I chided

  "This is serious Klaus, if he dies with without his magic he won't come back" she said clearly exasperated

  "I'm sorry love. What can I do" I sighed "can he stay at the compound please just for the day it's not safe here"

  "Anything for you"

Davinas POV

   "Have I told ye that ye're awesome? 'Cause you are! I'm with the sun," Josh said eyeing his newly made daylight ring "daylight rings..." He paused again watching a cute boy running and checks him out "that guy jogging in a tank top..."

   "Josh?" I asked quietly "Now that you have a ring, I think you need to leave town."

    "Whoa!" He exclaimed taking off sunglasses with a disbeliving look "Wait, we're breaking up?"

     I huffed "I'm serious!"

     Josh nodded smiling "I know! Serious is kind of your default setting. Which is why you need me around to lighten you up! Ergo--not leaving."

    I smiled slightly looking past Josh and noticing Mikael, standing on the sidewalk across the street. Startled,I look again but, he's gone.

    "Hey, you okay?" Josh asked giving me a concerned look. I shrugged "Just witch stuff. Marcel came to me yesterday. He wanted a cloaking spell. He's going to make a move against Klaus. A big move."

   "Wow, okay. Guess he forgot to call me. Rude! Did you help him?" Josh asked

    I nodded "Yes, because I didn't want him to get killed, but if Klaus finds out, then Belle could be endangered"

   "--Hey! Look, if Marcel's got a plan he would have thought about Belle, maybe Klaus will buy a clue, realize he's a negative on the popularity chart, and go into vampire retirement? I hear Palm Springs is nice!"

  I glanced over to where Mikael's ghost was standing, but he's no longer there "Klaus isn't the only thing we need to be afraid of." Josh frowned in confusion "Look, if there's a war coming, promise me you'll go before you get caught up in it."

   Josh smiled sadly and nods in agreement

•••••••••••••••••

   "You think because I sleep with you, I'm suddenly at your beck and call?" Genevieve inquired sarcastically, klaus rolled his eyes. He knew he was playing a dangerous game with this witch having so much access to belle but it had to be done.

   "Because you sleep with me, love" he spat "I will protect you from those who might do you harm, including my brother. Because I need you, however, I'm prepared to offer something more valuable than my protection."

"Which is what?"

"My mother's grimoire, from which I took these spells. You see, Elijah is offering you a mere peek at these pages, but I will grant it to you as a gift. If you pledge your loyalty to me, beginning with the creation of those rings." I explained

Unfortunately she seemed not to like this plan and began shouting "This has been your plan all along! You want to build a werewolf army, and you're using me to do it!"

I placed my hand on hers to calm her down "Sweetheart, I'm not the enemy. Nor the wolves. Your abusive coven expects you to sacrifice yourself for the last of the Harvest girls." He cups her face in his hands "Do this one favor for me, and you need never fear anyone ever again."

:::::::::::::::::::;

"Josh?" Davina exclaimed jumping from her seat in the greenhouse as the young brunette vampire was unceremoniously thrown in the door

"I'm sorry." He said gasping for air as the young Claire witch knelt down beside him "What happened?"

  Just then klaus strode in "Joshua went and got himself a werewolf bite! Well, a hybrid bite, technically, but it will kill him just the same." He announced happily infuriating Davina even more.

   "Why are you doing this?" She seethed "Well, I blame you! After all my overtures of friendship, you've once again sided with Marcel, forcing me to do horrible things to someone you care about." Davina glared at him, and Klaus kneels down to look her in the eye "I'm not without mercy, Davina. I can cure him. But, you have to cooperate, and tell me where to find Marcel."

   "Why? So you can kill him, too?" She retorted "and why do you even need me anyway you seem to have my sister very well under your control"

  "Is that what this is, you attempt to spite me because I have taken the affections of your sister" Klaus inquired  "Marcel chose his path. Seems unfair that Josh should have to suffer for it."

"Davina. Please." Josh begged as klaus turned to leave "Belle would hate you, she loves josh"

Klaus only shrugged I return "I'm sure she'll get over it" he called back as he continued his exit

"He's at a warehouse at the docks! Thierry's place." Davina called desperately "You see? That wasn't so hard, was it?" He asked continuing out the door 

  "What about Josh?" She called desperately, klaus stopped and turned back to her "He'll live another twenty-four hours or so. I may need you, and Joshua serves as wonderful leverage. The next time I ask a question, answer quicker."

••••••••••••

   "I saw you" klaus heard as he exited the room to allow Genevieve to finish the spell, he turned slowly to find jasper standing there looking disdainfully at him as he stood poised for a fight.

   "I'm afraid I'm in quiet the hurry right now, mate so you best be on your way" klaus growled attempting to pass the life walker. "I am not your mate" he said in disgust.

  "I warned her when she told me" he shouted "I told her that you would only hurt her and that she would just become a stop in your self destructive cycle" klaus fumed at the lifewalker "But she didn't listen and look at what's happening now"

   "Run along jasper, you getting to my last nerve" klaus ordered lowly growling

   "I didn't even think you would go this far I mean cheating that's a but human I must say" he continued "but at least she'll leave you now"

  Klaus was fuming, at the breaking point of his patience, the white hot rage was bubbling over like liquid oozing over the sides of the pot it was contained in. No one would take what he had, no one would touch belle, his child or his city and anyone that tried would die.

   Crack. The sickening sound of shattered bone. A broken neck. Thud. A lifeless body fell to the flood. Shhhh. The sound of a body being dragged away ironically similar to a secret being hidden from view.