08 - Bloodletting

I'm skipping all the other scenes without Belle

+ Davina is out of town practicing magic

    ---------------------------------------

ATTIC ROOM
Belles POV

Marcel walks into the attic with a large canvas bag thrown over his shoulder and drops it with a thud, I looked up unhappily "Marcel there is a witch doing magic in the Quarter."

Marcel smiled "Oh, no worries, that one is Marcel-approved! "he joked "Besides ... got something else for you to handle!" Marcel opened the bag to reveal a dark haired vampire inside. He gets his bearings, and when he sees me, he gets scared.

  "Oh, no. Y-you're the super witch."

   I laughed kneeling down "Say hi to Josh."

  "Nice to meet you josh, What exactly am I doing ?" I said looking back to Marcel

   "Josh has a problem. Klaus compelled him to spy on me." Marcel explains forcing Josh to sit in a chair despite his protests "I can't have that. So I thought: "I'll just kill Josh..."

Josh looked afraid again "Marcel, please! It's not my fault!" He begged, I put my hand on the back of the chair.

"But ..."

  "...then I thought: "Killing a vampire, that would be breaking my own rule." Smart thing to do is to flip Josh, that way, he can tell Klaus whatever I want. He could even spy for me. All we gotta do is wipe away that compulsion. So, what do you think?"

  "I can make him forget what Klaus told him. But, the more Klaus said, the more it is gonna hurt."I explained

Marcel crossed his arms "Hm, probably gonna hurt a lot. Josh?"

Josh was shaking like a leaf "I-I'll do it, anything, yes. [beat] How much pain are we talking?" I hold up a hand and start to remove Josh's compulsion. He begins to shout out in agony

  "Sorry " I muttered "better than being dead

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATTIC

Belle POV

Josh is still laying in the fetal position while I work on wiping Josh's mind of Klaus' compulsion. I sigh and walk over to him "I'm sorry, but it's just gonna get worse. Klaus' compulsion runs deep."I knelt down and helped Josh back into the chair.

  "You need to think of something else." I recommend "Take your mind off it. [beat] Do you like music?"

  He continued panting in pain and looked up eyes squinted "What? I can't think of music right now." I sighed, you try to help some people "Why? I dunno, maybe because you're giving me a Voodoo lobotomy!"

  I just shrug "Do you like jazz?" Josh sighs in frustration "yeah neither do I So, what then?"

  "Club stuff." He let out "House, trance. You know, "uhnse uhnse uhnse uhnse?"" I giggled "I'm a witch, I'm not Amish! It's just, I'm only sixteen, I can't get into clubs."

Josh smiled "When I was sixteen, I'd been to, like, a hundred clubs. [beat] God, that was only four years ago. It feels like another life. All I wanted to do is meet boys. Things are so much more complicated. Now, all I want to do is meet boys, feed on people's blood, get one of those daylight rings so I don't burn in the sunlight. [sarcastically] All perfectly normal things."

I listens to him talk and walk over to the table, where Tim's violin is still resting from when Elijah fixed it "I like the classics. Puccini, Bach, Mozart. I took piano, not that it matters, while I'm stuck here."

Josh looked up "Why not?"

"Marcel's worried that someone could hear." I explained running my hands on the violins strings "It's not his fault, he just wants to keep me safe."

  "Safe from what?" He asked in confusion.

  I let out a huff "Basically, a coven of psycho witches wants to sacrifice me in a blood ritual, you know normal people stuff"

  "Oh! Wow, okay, uhhh...I'm sorry?" He laughed dryly.
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATTIC

Belles POV

   Josh is laying on the floor, sweating and pale, after being subjected to the spell all day. He pants and groans as he pushes himself onto his elbows. I kneeled down next to him smiling "That's it. You're free!"

  He smiled his face lightening "You're right! I can feel it. Before, I was always thinking about what Klaus would want me to do. Now, I'm like, "Screw that guy!"" Josh starts to laugh hysterically in happiness. While I help him up

   "Klaus Mikaelson can suck it!" I frown slightly realising what was going to happen now that the compulsion was gone , which Josh notices looking confused . "What, what's that look for?" He asked worriedly.

"Marcel wants me to make you forget about me." I sighed

   "Oh, you don't have to do that! I, like, owe you my life!" I smile weakly at him "I'l keep your secret! Besides, it's kind of nice, just talking to someone normal again."

  I rose my eyebrows "You think I'm normal?" I asked in disbelief "I'm a sixteen year old witch, living in an attic like some kind of freak."

  "I'm a gay club kid who died and came back as a vampire. Yeah, normal's kind of relative, you know?" We both laugh, and Josh extends his pinky to me "Here, pinky swear on it." I smile and link our fingers