02 - Grand Masquerade

MIKAELSON MANSION

MIKAELSON MANSION

Kols POV

Sophie, Rebekah, and Klaus are argued loudly while I lounged on the couch thinking . What if its the same Belle finally back after all these years, if it was she wouldn't hurt Elijah "Are you out of your mind? No way." Sophie argued.

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother." Rebekah reasoned, rolling my eyes at their constant schemes I sat content to watch their plan crumble and fail.

Sophie was clearly unconvinced "Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." She said Klaus stood looking at her annoyed "Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal-Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic." He criticised growing angrier.

"Girl about yay high, cute as a button, anger issues." She described Sophie froze seeming to be in shock. It definitely sounds like Belle, I laughed anger issues.

"Belle ? Where have you seen her?" Sophie rushed her interest growing, Rebekah pulled a face "I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." She fumed.

"don't call her a brat !" I shouted snapping All three look at me confused but if it is Belle no one can speak that way of her.

"Let me cut to the chase." Klaus said returning his gaze to Sophie "Belle has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Belle away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic." He explained

Sophie sighed "Belle would sense it." She explained, Rebekah smiled "Unless, of course, another witch-say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example-was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Belle." She mused

Sophie looked shocked "Katie doesn't deserve to die." She screeched ,Klaus angrily slamed his hands on the table and stands up. "Sophie Deveraux. You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic, who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" He questioned maliciousness gleaming in his eyes.

Sophie looked down "She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." She informed sadly Klaus smirked "And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" He asked smugly, I rolled my eyes as the witches resolve failed.

Sophies face turned to relization "Katie's boyfriend, Thierry"

Time skip : p

ATTIC ROOM