26 - Battle of new orleans •2•

Belle stomped angrily into the compound's courtyard, although this anger was short lived as she beheld the horrifying sight of the dead and dying vampires scattered around

Belle stomped angrily into the compound's courtyard, although this anger was short lived as she beheld the horrifying sight of the dead and dying vampires scattered around. "Cami?" She called disgust twisting her face until she spotted a beaten and bloody marcel "Oh god, what happened?"

Weak and out of breath he leaned over on a stone wall "Klaus..." unable to continue Cami cut in "They fought, and he got bit." she explained putting a damp cloth on Diego's forehead and going to tend to the others. Belle stood shocked and betrayed, what had happened ? A lump grew in her throat.

"Marcel..." she said a pleading apology in her eyes."It's okay! I gave as good as I got. But, we need Klaus' blood to heal." Marcel griped her shoulder before walking to where Cami is helping the others near the fountain. Thinking for a moment belle turned on her heels and ran out.

•••••••••••••

"What are you doing?" Shane inquired watching the brunette search furiously through her drawers while leaning on the doorframe. "Belle, calm down" he said worriedly, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her breaths were quick, uneven, teeth gritted and her lips in a permeant frown.

"He bit marcel that idiot" she muttered angrily, continuing her search. Shane didn't need a name to know who she was talking about "with everything going on right now he bit him and now I can't find out what's wrong with Jasper"

Her rant was cut short as she triumphantly pulled out a small red vile from the tangle of clothes and dark objects. She let out a short breath of relief before abruptly standing up and exiting the room, a confused lifewalker trailing behind.

  "Keep everyone in tonight" belle ordered hurrying out the door and grabbing her keys "I have a bad feeling" With that she slammed the oak door behind her, Shane ran a hand over his face tiredly.

•••••••••

Belle ran as fast as her heels would carry her, the streets of new Orleans were quiet as her wool coat bellowed around her. Her panic was making her less aware, vulnerable. The eyes of a certain red headed witch fixed upon her hurrying form.

'This will be so easy' she thought maliciously striding out onto the empty street. It was done in a millisecond, with one flick of her wrist Genevieve had belles head hitting the cobbled street.

•••••••••••

Belle opened her eyes slowly her head lolling to the side in attempts to see past the curtain of hair that impeded her vision. She watched confused for a second as Genevieve lifted the baby into the air, while Abigail and Monique held up their hands toward the baby and begin their spell.

   Belle grew angrier as she connected the dots of the situation, pulling against her restraints proved utterly ineffective and her magic seemed to have fled due to the fact that the witch bitches still had their heads firmly attached to their bodies.

   "I swear to god I will kill you" she growled at the witches. Genevieve paused her chanting to turn around "Really, even without you pretty powers" she questioned sarcastically.

   Closing her eyes the restrained girl cleared her head, panicking wasn't going to help the baby. 'Escape' she thought. 'I could break my thumbs' or 'break the metal' no that won't work.

   Thinking for a moment she realised she couldn't rid herself of the shackles, she had to bring them with her. Connecting to the wall via a rusty loop on a loop. She pulled desperately the rusty cuffs squeezing her wrists, she wedged her foot on a block using it for leverage, the loop began to bend open slowly but her progress was halted as she sat Klaus, Hayley and Elijah approach.

   They desperately fought as the witches continued throwing what they could as the ancestors fought back. Suddenly belle felt the shackles weaken just enough for her to pull. Wasting no time she wrapped the shackles around the chanting gingers neck, knocking the knife out of her hand.

To her left Abigail is impaled by a spike by klaus and Monique chants on until cuts erupt around her skin, Hayley wails as a woosh is heard and the baby is gone.

  Belle slammed the witches head into the alter effectively knocking her out, klaus looks at her taking her quick nod and following the vampire who stole his child.

•••••••

  Belle walked out of the tomb where Hayley was punishing Genevieve, she felt sick to her stomach. Something or someone had helped her today, she wasn't strong enough to break those shackles on her own, not without her powers.

  She had felt it just for a second, a spirit. But her stomach had been twisted ever since. Something wasn't right.

••••••

  After Elijah returned her to the compound she soon sought out Klaus only to find him standing on the balcony over the courtyard, mournfully staring down below."The baby?" She asked quietly rubbing her raw wrists.

  Klaus didn't speak but his face told her what she needed "marcel managed to locate a stillborn baby in a hospital in upstate Louisiana." He informed quietly "He has agreed to allow me to compel him to forget what he knows of my child. In exchange, he wants vials of my blood."

  Belle nodded slowly tears in her eyes. She was still in shock over everything that happened "Klaus" she whispered, suddenly feeling as gravity had gotten 50 times heavier.

  Both utter exhausted emotionally mostly clung tightly to each other as if their lives depended on it. Klaus buried his face in her hair silent tears exchanged as conversation.