07 - The Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

ATTIC ROOM

ATTIC ROOM

Belles POV

I absent mindedly sketched with charcoal at an easel when Elijah arrives and leans against the doorway and knocks on the door. I smile giving him a short hug as he holds up a page of a grimoir "I made you a promise."

----------------------------------

I spreads a page of Esther's grimoire on the table. Sending eli a confused look "It's a spell of unknotting?" I look up furrowing my brows "very specific makes me wonder what you need it for"

Elijah ignored my last comment "Child's play for you. This is a sanguinum knot. The witches use it as representational magic. If you can unknot this using that spell, you will have taken a step towards learning control. This is one of my mother's later spells. It requires much more power than you realize. Now, when you perform this, then I shall return with another page. One of your choosing"

I smiled "something fun" He smiles kissing my forehead before blurring off. I smile looking at the spell

MIKAELSON MANSION
Kol POV

I watched as Rebekah tended to Hayley as she lay sick on the bed "did you ask her ?" I looked up at Elijah as he entered the room

"she'll do it" I nod walking out to go for a snack in the quarter

ATTIC ROOM / MIKAELSON MANSION SWIMMING POOL

3rd pov

Belle is sitting on her bed, writing to jasper. She looked up slowly at the sanguinum knot on her vanity, and after a moment, she stands up and walks over to it. She picks up the knot with both hands examining it carefully
"Phesmatos omnio legares cardate..." she whispered

~~~~~~~~~

In the swimming pool, Hayley hyperventilates " I can't breathe!" She wheezed, Elijah stayed calm holding onto her.

   "Okay, long deep breaths, Hayley!" He ordered, his concern for the mother of our brothers child was more than platonic by the scene "Look at me. Long deep breaths, just focus on the sound of my voice. You'll be okay."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The knot in Belle's hands floated up in the air and begins to unravel itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sophie starts to gasp as the linking spell begins to lift. Hayley continues to groan in pain
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle smiled at the now straight line of rope hanging in the air and returning to the letter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie felt the link lift and immediately looked desperately to Elijah "Elijah...as soon as your brother finds out that the link is broken, he'll kill Agnes. I know you don't owe me anything, but please,don't let him kill her." She begged

Elijah zooms out of the pool and pulls his phone out of his jacket on the table. Sophie began to panic "Elijah! She's our only access to the power we NEED to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him!"

Kol looked at her in disgust "so u can kill Belle !?" He retorted walking slowly toward her eyes filling with anger. Elijah set a hand in his chest to stop him.

   "It's me, where are you?" He explained into the phone "Don't hurt her. I'll be there shortly." With that he hung up and turned to Sophie "I'll make you one last promise. I won't let my brothers kill Agnes."

Sophie nods at him, Kol looks on angry, and Elijah picks up his jacket and shoes and walks away. Followed closely by Kol.

~~~~~~~~~~~.
ST. ANN'S CATHOLIC CHURCH
Kol POV

Klaus, Agnes, and Father Kieran stood arguing in the church. Elijah and I walk in I was on strict orders not to kill her but I wasn't going to listen. When have I ever.

Klaus looked at her in distain "You're a piece of work, Agnes. But, guess what? I'm quite a piece of work myself. You know, I contemplated leaving bits of you artfully arranged outside your family's tomb? I thought it would leave a fitting message." He zoomed over catching her by the throat, how jealous of him I am "Don't. Touch. My. Family."

"Leave her." Elijah ordered calmly, Klaus reacted by pulling Agnes into a headlock and stands back as he watches Elijah walk down the aisle "I gave my word."Father Kieran stands up to greet Elijah and I.

Klaus reacted in anger as always "You tend to give your word at the most inopportune times, brother. We've been doing things your way all day. Come on! Just one little snap and it's "Toodle-loo, Agnes." She deserves it! She wants to kill Belle"

"Speak of the devil" belles voice came from the alter "Elijah why on earth would you want to save her"

"For once in my life I agree with klaus" I spoke up "she deserved to die"

Elijah kept his composure as I walked to belle "Niklaus, don't make another move. You have asked for my forgiveness. I will grant you that forgiveness, but do not make me break my word." Klaus glares at our brother as he considers it. After a moment, he lets Agnes go.

Klaus he opened his arms wide "My noble brother, how was that for personal growth, eh? Still, it is just like you to spoil all of my fun."

"Oh, not exactly." Elijah  responded zooming over to one of the men who helped Agnes and rips his heart out, throws a second man up into the air, and does the same to a third as he rips out the man's heart. He turns to Klaus with a bloody heart in each hand, and drops them to the floor. He pulls out his pocket square to wipe his hands as Agnes stares in horror, and Klaus grins proudly behind her while I smirk.

"Now, I swore you would not die by my brother's hand. I said nothing of my own." Elijah said calmly grabbing Agnes in a chokehold and pushing her backwards and looking to belle "Nobody hurts my family and lives." snapping her neck, and turning to leave "No one."