12 - Dance Back from the Grave

THE ABBATOIR COURTYARDKlaus POV

Klaus POV

Marcel comes down the stairs into the courtyard once again with a bottle of bourbon in his hand. After Belles failed reawakening Kol had disappeared , Marcel was always drunk , Elijah and Rebekah trying to ignore it and I ..... let's just say I had a feast .I walk into the room with Thierry and to make an announcment

"Dearest brethren, your attention, please. No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the Garden for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry" Thierry smiles and gives Diego a hun "Welcome home, man."

"You're in a good mood." Marvel observed bitterly "You should visit Mystic Falls more often."

"Well, as much as I might like to, I have pressing responsibilities here" I turned  to address the crowd of vampires "Now, as you all know, the witch Belle is no longer with us. Without Belle, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron"

Diego smiles and starts to plan with the other vampires. While Marcel grabs his bottle and goes to storm away, but i stop him in the doorway

"Marcel, I'd hoped you would join Diego." I said hopefully

"Nah. I'm gonna take a personal day." He pushes past me and leaves.

-------------------------------------------
FRENCH QUARTER
Elijah POV

Rebekah and i walk through the streets of the Quarter while talking about recent events. Kol has fled and the court are coming here. "Now, you may doubt him, but today, I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress"

"Please, Elijah." Rebekah countered exasperated "he's clouded in grief and who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out? "

"Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." Elijah reasoned, Rebekah sighed "That's just it. There was no outcome. Belle died but nothing happened. We both know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it. I'd like to know who, and then I'd like to kill them"

"to what end ?" Elijah questioned tiredly "I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them.Belle is that power and with the thief dead belle comes back"

"I expect such behavior from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from you, Rebekah." He said in despondence "Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home. He yearns for our family to be reunited."

"Yes. He's in grief mode now, but for how long? It's his trick, Elijah. He lulls you into a false sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake. I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. No more."

"I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here. Leadership may, in fact, be a good thing for him. Now, sister, please, I ask you, if you cannot support him, then at least do nothing to provoke him."

-----------------------------------------------
Klaus POV

I stood in Belle's room looking at the photos in book . There were parties , what looked like weddings and pictures of her and her family I flipped the page seeing ( above pic. ) of Belle and another guy I let out a silent growl and throw the book across the room hitting knocking a box with bracelets that her Rebekah and Hailey had.

There was a cough at the door Diego enters the room looking worried "Hey, we got a problem."

THE CAULDRON
Klaus POV

Thunder rumbles overhead as Diego leads Marcel and I to the Cauldron to show us what he found "We came to mess with the witches, just like you said. And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead."

"That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain." Marcel murmured taking one look at the dead men, puts his hood up, turns around, and starts to walk away. While I sigh annoyed

"Where are you going? Someone has to account for this" I shouted after him
"You want revenge, get it yourself. That mark is tied to some bad mojo. Any of y'all got any brains, you'll head back to the compound and stay the hell out of this." Marcel walks off. I angrley turn to Diego

"We're gonna find whoever did this, and I will show them what suffering is."

---------------------------------------------
COMPOUND COURTYARD
Elijah POV

Klaus, Diego, and many of the other vampires are congregating in the courtyard, discussing our current situation "Ah! Someone will die for this." Klaus assured angrily

"Remarkably, I don't disagree. However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic." Elijah retorted clasping his hands together
---------------------------------------------
Elijah's POV

I walk into the Belles room to find Hailey clutching one of Belle's photos sadly with watery eyes "There you are."

"Here I am. She left this for you and there's one for Kol" Hayley confided She handed me two boxes with letters to go with them.

"We can't find him" I muttered offhandedly "If belle was here she could use her weird physic link" she laughed sadly.