three

Rory

"Spike." Giles said, "That's a little unorthodox, isn't it?"

"Maybe he's a reform." Buffy suggested. I was barely listening to them, all that was on my mind was that man who told us he would kill us. He was probably one of the most handsome men I've ever seen. I just couldn't get those piercing eyes or his blonde hair or his sharp cheekbones out of my mind. He was clouding my thoughts and making it impossible to think straight.

"Maybe he went by another name before." I suggested.

They continued bickering about who Spike is until I heard Giles say, "Well, he can't be any worse than anything we've faced before."

"He's worse." A deep voice said from the door. I looked up in surprise to find a tall man with dark hair and equally dark eyes.

"Who is that?" I whispered to Xander.

"That's Angel. He's Buffy's boyfriend, sort of." Xander said. I admired how great Buffy and Angel look together as a couple. Dark and Light. Brunette and Blonde. Vampire and Vampire Slayer.

"Once Spike starts something, he doesn't stop until everything in his path is dead." Angel continued. His words sent shivers down my spine.

"So he's thorough." Xander joked, trying to lighten the mood. Everyone just glared at him.

"Well, we better get prepared for St. Vigeous ." Giles exclaimed, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"What's St. Vigeous?" I asked curiously. But no one answered me, instead they all started walking out of the door. I sighed and followed them.

"Who are you?" I was stopped by a brunette girl with generous curves and a pretty face.

"I'm Giles' niece. Who are you?" I asked. I guess she was one of Buffy's friends.

"I'm Cordelia. The only reason I'm here is so that I won't be eaten by anything. To be honest, everyone here annoys the crap out of me." That's not exactly what I was expecting, but okay.

"Well, it's been a pleasure meeting you, but I have to go prepare." Cordelia said, and I could tell it has not been a pleasure meeting me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Help me with these banners!" Buffy yelled to me, and I began painting the banner red. It was parent/teacher night, and Buffy was instructed to prepare everything.

"Good job, Rory." Willow said, painting the banner next to mine.

"I just need to keep my mom away from Principle Snyder for three hours." Buffy said. I felt bad that she had to juggle schoolwork, a social life, and slaying all together.

"We'll help you with it, Buffy. Don't worry." Xander said, rubbing Buffy's shoulder.

"Thanks, guys." Buffy said, and gave us all huge smiles.

Before long, parents and students had started accumulating in the cafeteria. They were munching on Buffy's food and talking to one another.

"Buffy!" We heard a voice shout. A tall woman with curly hair came up to Buffy and gave her a hug. "I'm excited to hear what you're teachers have to say! Maybe-" But she was cut off by the windows the the cafeteria breaking.

Suddenly, five vampires appeared through the windows with their faces morphed into their true form. All chaos broke loose. People began running around screaming, and the vampires chased them.

"Come with me." Buffy said, and grabbed her mom and several teachers. I followed Buffy, assuming that was the safest place to be.

We hurried into an empty classroom, and Buffy barricaded the door quickly.

"Nobody leaves." She said sternly.

"Who made you the boss?" Asked the ratlike principal who's name was Snide or something like that.

"Just fucking listen to her." I snapped and everyone shut up. Buffy gave me a thankful look and began lecturing about the do's and don't's of what to do in a crisis.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, Slayer!" I heard a familiar London accented voice shout. It was Spike.

"I have to go. Mom, watch the adults. Rory, come with me." Buffy said in the same stern voice.

"But Buffy-" Joyce began.

"But nothing. I know what I'm doing, mom." Buffy interrupted. With a dramatic sigh, she stalked out and I followed her.

"Do I need a weapon?" I finally asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"Yes, here's a sta-" she didn't finish because I was too busy ramming my arm into the emergency axe case. The glass shattered easily and I grabbed the bright red axe.

"Good job. I'll go this way. I think I heard Spike yelling from this direction." Buffy said and began running down an empty hallway. I sighed and went the other way. I definitely did not want to run into Spike.

But of course I did anyways.