fifteen

Faith

I watched them as they ran to the hospital. That was her, that was Buffy. She was the other Slayer, and I knew her. So why was she with this vampire? Maybe she had been turned, and now she was an evil half-vampire half-Slayer killing machine. And yet, there was something so odd about that bleach blonde vamp.

After I had stabbed the girl, on accident of course, I decided there was no other choice but to run. There was no way in hell I was going to jail, my life was too important now. Now, I didn't know this girl, but I did see her suspiciously close to Blondie. Maybe she was one of those humans that got off on getting with vampires. They loved the danger, and always got killed in the end. Or turned. I really was trying to protect her!

I wanted to stay and watch, just to see if I was now, in fact, a fully fledged murderer. I didn't know if my conscious could take it. It probably could. The girl laid there, blood gushing everywhere, and the vamp just held her. It was like he cared about her. Don't get me wrong, I'm new to this whole thing, but I was pretty sure that's not how blood-thirsty vampires act. He was soaked in the blood but he didn't keep his eyes off of her face. His eyes, I can't even describe the emotion I saw in them. He looked so...ancient.

Then, Buffy came. The first Slayer. To be honest, she looked so prissy, with her perfect hair and her pink sweater. I crinkled my nose unconsciously, that was not a girl I'd normally hang out with. She looked like a cheerleader. She grabbed the blue haired girl, who was paler than Blondie at this point, and the two ran off. I decided to follow because why the hell not; I was bored and still a little confused. I waited for Buffy to turn to the vampire and stake him or do something but she didn't. Disappointing.

They finally arrived at a hospital. I waited until they got into the waiting room and entered through a side door. I still needed
to talk to Buffy, Slayer business, but I wanted to watch to be sure I hadn't killed her best friend or something like that.

I walked until I found an empty locker room. There were some purple scrubs just laying there, waiting for me, and I put them on quickly. By the time I was dressed, I got outside to hear nurses and doctors yelling about boring doctor stuff. I waiting to see if I could hear anything about a blue haired girl and her two blonde companions.

"The girl's cousin is in the waiting room. Go let her know her status." A fancy looking doctor said to a nurse. Cousin?? Was this girl that I had stabbed Buffy's cousin? My heart started beating a little faster; this was not good at all. I followed the nurse a couple feet behind. I had to know if the blue haired girl was okay.

"What happened? Is she okay?" It was the vampire. He frantically ran to the nurse, somehow knowing it was about the girl. Buffy trailed behind him, looking just as worried. He was so devoted to this girl. I didn't get it.

"You're Rory Giles' cousin?" The nurse asked Buffy. She nodded quickly, and the nurse continued, "She's going to need several stitches, but it looks like she's going to make it." Blondie let out the breath he was holding. Does he even breathe? "You're lucking you found her and brought her here quickly. She'd be dead if you had waited any longer. She needs to rest for now, but you can see her in the morning."

"Oh, thank God." Buffy breathed out, giving Vampy a quick smile, and then seemed to realize who she was smiling at. I looked down, careful to make sure they didn't see me. I was relieved to know that the girl was okay. The guilt had been building in my stomach.

"Wait a minute." I heard someone mutter in a British accent. Before I had time to glance up, I was being thrown backwards. It was him, the vampire.

"What are you doing?!" Buffy yelled, running over. I felt my body collide with the wall behind me, the breath leaving my lungs. Nurses started yelling and people were calling for security. "It's her, it's the one who did this." The vampire muttered through gritted teeth. Buffy looked shocked before glaring at me.

"Spike, we need to take this outside." She said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the front door. The workers at the hospital watched, unsure of what to do. "Don't worry, we're leaving!" Buffy shouted. They pulled me to the alley way beside the hospital, and Buffy shoved me to the ground.

"Are you going to explain yourself?" Buffy shouted, holding back the vampire, Spike apparently. What a stupid name.

"Look, I was just trying to protect her. I thought Blondie here was trying to, you know, take advantage of her. You understand, don't you, Buffy?" I said, not looking at Spike and keeping my eyes on Buffy. I could see out of the corner of my eye that his face had gone all "vampire mode" from anger. I knew one small move, and he'd attack me.

"I guess...I understand. Who are you? How do you know my name?" She had been taken aback when I knew her.

"I'm Faith, the new Slayer in town." I winked, and Buffy's perfectly shaped eyebrows drew together.

"Bollocks, there's only one slayer." Spike growled.

"Spike, there was another Slayer, Kendra. Don't you remember her?" Buffy said. I figured I was in the clear for the moment, so I slowly got up.

"Look, this has been fun, but I don't get it. Why are you not killing him? He's a vampire." I gestured to Spike, who looked even more murderous than ever. I knew I could take him anyways.

"That's a very good question. Honestly, I'm not happy that you stabbed my friend, but I get that people make mistakes. At least for now, don't stake Spike. He cares about Rory." She cringed a little on that last sentence.

"Rory? Who's Rory?"

"The girl you bloody stabbed!" Spike yelled. He really cared about a human. I could see it, the worry in his face when he he thought she was dying, the ability to resist her blood.

"I'm sorry." I said as genuinely as I could. Spike sighed and his face returned to normal. "I really thought I was helping her."

"Piss off, I'm going to go. I can't be around her." Spike said, pointing at me. "I'll see you in the morning, Buffy."

He walked away, his black trench coat swaying in the wind. The two of us watched his pitiful walk as he slunk into the trees and out of our sight.

"Okay, we have some catching up to do." Buffy said, turning to me.

"Sure, B." I smiled at her.