eleven

Angel

There was only one solution to this problem. I had to get into the mindset of Angelus, something I had tried my hardest to get out of for decades.

We had it all set up. I was ready to trick Spike into thinking that I was his old friend. I only had to convince him to leave Sunnydale. I knew it wouldn't be too hard. The only obstacle would be the blue haired girl. It had to be an obsession, Spike couldn't love the girl. A soulless vampire doesn't feel love, I knew that from experience.

"Are you going to be okay?" It was Buffy. I looked down at her to find her grey eyes worried. I closed my eyes and sighed. When I opened them, I tried my hardest memorizing her face. I didn't know whether or not this would be the last chance I got to be with Buffy. And she was so beautiful.

"I will be fine. I promise. If I say something rude or heartless, know that I don't mean it. I'm just trying to do my best to convince Spike." I whispered into Buffy's ear, stroking her blonde hair.

"I-I- Thank you." Buffy whispered back. She looked down, away from my eyes. I could see the tears shining through her eyelashes.

"Hey, don't worry about me. This will be over in no time." I smiled and ran my finger over her cheek to catch the tear. Her eyes met mine again and I pulled her lips towards me. Kissing her was an explosion, as it always was. Buffy was a living, talking explosion.

"Angel." It was Giles. He gestured to the setting sun. I knew it was time to see Spike. I squeezed Buffy's hand lightly, nodded at Giles, and went to find the blond vampire.

It didn't take long, he wasn't being very discrete. He was never discrete. I found him and a pack of far dumber vampires circling The Bronze. Why did he always come back here? It was like he was attached to this place as he was Rory. I mentally composed myself for a second before entering the club.

The lights were flashing and the music sounded like wailing, but I couldn't let anything distract me. I had a mission.

"Spike." I called out. He was on the other side of the room, but, of course, he heard me. He looked up and gave me a smirk. He walked over, almost strutting. He hadn't seemed to have changed a bit.

"Angelus. Long time." Spike said, holding out a hand. I took it and shook firmly.

"Anything good around here?" I asked, looking around the club.

"Not today. You should've seen a couple days ago. There was this girl. She made my heart race, you know, if I had one." I forced myself to laugh. I knew who he was talking about.

"And Dru?"

"Gone." He left it at a one word answer, and I could see that it was a touchy subject. She really did leave him.

"Why stay here? Sunnydale is too small, plus the slayer." I tried not to put emotion into my voice as I talked about Buffy.

"Eh, I've met the slayer. Just a whiny teenager. She's no threat to me." Spike said, trying his hardest to sound indifferent.

"You didn't answer my question." I pressed.

"I- I can't really tell you." it was almost like Spike had changed personalities completely. He looked confused and almost scared for a second. "I mean- I just found this human I want to stalk for a while."

"Human? Humans are nothing. I think you need to find Drusilla." The music changed, and I tapped my foot as I anxiously waited for this to be over.

"This one is different, I've never felt anything like it. Its pretty impossible. Have you ever felt tied to someone completely?" I knew my answer was yes.

"Don't be stupid, Spike. We don't have souls."

"Maybe there's something wrong with me. I can't get her out of my head."

I studied his thoughtful look. I knew this was genuine. Somehow, Spike was in love. Completely smitten. I knew it was a waste of time to try to convince him of anything else. I didn't know what I would say to Buffy and Rory,
both of whom were waiting expectantly for me to fix this.

"I have to go."

"Where?"

"I have matters to attend to." I said vaguely before stalking off in defeat. Right before I walked out of the club, I heard Spike shout my name once more.

"What?" I asked as I turned to fact him.

"I see the soul suits you. Good luck with it." Spike laughed before winking. He was smarter than we thought.

a/n: I'm so sorry for never updating. This story is completely different from the show and I don't know if I like it or not. I'll try updating more, but I feel like I need to rewatch Buffy first to get the gist of the second season. It's been too long and I feel like nothing I write makes sense. Thank you for reading, and I'll try making it more accurate!! also I added some Buffy and Angel, which I hope you enjoyed.