five

Rory

I could breathe or feel or anything. All I could think about was how close I was to death. I was clutching Xander's arm tightly as he lead me to the library. When we walked through the swinging doors, Uncle Giles' worried face met mine.

"He tried to- uh" Xander began and then made a biting motion. Giles immediately understood and pulled me to his chest.

Within minutes, Buffy came trudging through the swinging door with her mom at her side.

"Rory, oh my god, are you okay?" Buffy asked, coming up beside me. I hated how worried everyone was.

"I'm fine." I said, looking at the floor. Giles' arms gripped me even tighter. Buffy's mom looked around at everyone before saying, "I have to- um- go."

"It appears as though Spike has attached himself to Rory." Buffy said after watching her mom leave.

"But why?" Giles asked. I pulled myself out of his arms.

"In his words, he was going to make Rory his. Creepy much?" Buffy said and gagged. Willow and Cordelia ran in, apparently realizing the vampires left.

"IS IT SAFE?!" Willow yelled, brandishing a broom. We all stared at her, waiting for her to catch up. After a minute, she relaxed and the two of them joined the group.

"What happened?" Cordelia asked.

"Spike almost killed Rory, and then Buffy almost killed Spike." Xander explained.

"Ookay?" They both glanced at me with pity and I sighed.

"I have an idea." I said, and everyone turned to look at me with anticipation, "I can be bait so that Buffy can finally kill this bastard. If he wants me to "be his", then he'll probably go after me again."

"No, No, Absolutely not." Giles said immediately.

"I don't want to put you in danger like that Rory." Buffy said.

"Wait, Spike likes Rory? I'm so confused." Cordelia added. We all rolled our eyes, and Xander nodded slightly.

"I'll be fine. You can train me or something." I said, and then gave Buffy my puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." Buffy finally said. She ignored the glare from my uncle.

"Alrighty, Rory is the bait. What's the whole plan?" Xander asked. He too got a glare from Giles.

"Well, she's not going in there alone. We have to put her in a place where we can all easily hide, but Spike won't suspect a thing." Buffy began explaining. Then Angel appeared at the window, scaring the crap out of Willow.

"I heard Spike came here. What happened?" Angel asked once we let him through the window. Willow quickly explained how Spike likes me and he got away. Angel looked at me for the first time and raised one eyebrow.

"So, now we're going to set up a plan to kill him while using Rory as bait." Buffy added after Willow explained.

"Don't worry, I'm cool with it." I said after Angel gave me a look of doubt.

"Okay, as I was saying. We need to find a place for the plan." Buffy continued after a long period of time where Angel just glared at me.

"How about The Bronze? We can blend in there." Xander said. We all nodded in agreement.

"Okay, The Bronze it is. Let's get this show on the road." I said and smiled.