05 : Early arrival

I wake up to the front door being shut a little hard. And a man saying, "I'm here!!" Oh no. Dads here.

I hurry and get dressed. I fix my hair and put on my shoes and jewelry. Then I hurry to the living room. I see Sam.

"Sydnee, since your dad is here early, me and the boys and Leah are hunting. Emily is running errands. If you need me, just call." Sam says.

I swallow a lump in my throat and nod. I knew this would happen. They leave and I'm alone.

Daddy comes up to me. "I heard you phased."

"Yeah. My fur is the same color as mom's." I say lightly.

Dad smiles and rubs my cheek. Uh uh. I slap him. Then he beats the hell out of me. He gets off me as the door opens.

Paul.

Paul beats the heck out of my dad for doing it to me. I groan in pain because my face is throbbing. Daddy always beats me in the face of all places.

I run and hide in my room. I hide in a corner and pull my knees up to my chin and hide my face in them. I don't cry because I know Paul is saving my life. My dad would have beat me to death.

I hear sirens and a light knock on my door. Emily comes in and hugs me tight.

"I wanted to phase and eat his face off." I grumble in pain.

"I know sweetie." Emily says and continues to hug me.

"Emily, I have a secret." I say with a blush coming on.

"What is it, Sydnee?" Emily asks kindly.

"I imprinted. On Paul." I bite my lip in embarrassment.

Emily smiles at me brightly. "Good. I think he imprinted on you too love. He knew you were in trouble and left in the middle of a hunt just to rescue you."

I blush hard core now. Did Paul imprint on me? Why would he do that for? Oh me. I'm in love with the hothead.

~Paul POV~

After throwing the Alfa dark wolf out, Sam phases back and burns him. "Sam. I'm sorry because that's your brother."

"Don't worry about it Paul. He won't hurt Sydnee on my watch." Sam says.

~Sydnee PIV~

I slowly walk downstairs. Paul looks up at me and our eyes meet again. I see love and lust in his eyes. I think I am his imprint.

"Syd, I'm sorry for what happened." Paul says.

"It happened for 7 years. I got used to it." I shrug my shoulders.

I go to my room around 11 at night. I change into my Alice in Wonderland pajamas. I lay in my bed and go to sleep.