Official

ARA'S POV

I woke up to find that I had turned over to face Adam during the night and now my head was tucked into his neck. He smelled of cologne and was still in yesterday's mentoring outfit.

"Morning," I whispered.

I felt him plant a kiss on the top of my head. "Feeling better today?"

I smiled. "A lot. Thank you."

I sat up with him and adjusted my eyes to the light. Sitting on their beds were Allison and Arly, both watching us eagerly.

"Um, can we help you with something?" I asked.

"No, just pretend we're not here. Carry on," Arly said, beaming.

I turned to face Adam. "You should probably get ready for mentoring," I said.

"Yeah. I hope my brother and sister didn't notice that I was gone." He nudged noses with me, which made my cheeks turn pink. And then, they turned pinker as he nipped at my jawline.

It's really hard to think that he barely has "smart" brain cells.

After he left, Arly and I squealed together.

"He sooo wants you, girl!" Arly exclaimed excitedly. "I'm guessing you're date official now?"

"Well..."

"No. Don't tell me."

"We still haven't really..."

Arly jumped up and began walking out the door, fingers in her ears, saying, "La la la la la la."

Allison slowly got up and walked over to me. "I'm happy for you," she whispered, smiling.

"Thank you, Alli." Memories of yesterday's rumors came back to me. "I am not leaving your side today," I told her, looping my arm in hers. Since I was still in yesterday's clothes, I figured I'd just leave them on. There was no difference. "Let's go."

***

When we got to class, Chase and Adam were arguing about something. I got a little closer to listen.

"Adam, where were you last night? We were worried sick!"

"Don't worry, I was here in the academy all night."

"Where?!"

"With Ara and her sisters!"

Chase's eyes widened. "Adam, did you sleep with Ara last night?"

"Not in the sexy way if you know what I mean." Adam leaned forward and did a horrible wink. "She needed support."

Chase seemed distressed. "Adam! You can't sleep with students! It's against our rules!"

Adam looked offended. "She's my girlfriend, I can do what I want."

Did he just say girlfriend?!

"Adam, rules are rules, so no, you can't do whatever you want!"

"Well then, how do you expect me to have a relationship if my only home is here! You hear how long distance relationships work, Chase. The girl gets abducted by aliens and I get eaten by a shark!"

Chase seemed confused but shrugged it off. "No more sleeping with Ara." With that, he walked away, leaving Adam with his own words.

I suddenly got chills on the back of my spine. Lynn.

"So, you did spread your legs for him?"

I turned around to face her. "How did you hear their conversation?"