First Mission (Part 2)

CHASE'S POV
The scream was loud enough to wake Bree and Adam. Chills ran down my spine and Arly cowered.

"Ara!" Adam cried.

How Adam knew that Ara was the one who had screamed was a complete mystery. He began shouting.

"Adam!" I heard someone who was clearly Ara shriek. "Adam, help!"

Our captor walked in with her slung over his shoulder, and she was kicking at him. "Let me go!" Suddenly, she stopped and then disappeared from his arms. "Geoleaping," she smirked.

Cloak-Guy let out a roar and held up his hand. Electricity shot out of it and blasted her in the stomach, and she went flying into the back wall, among what looked like barrels full of toxic waste.

"I think she's down here!" I heard Leo say from the hallway.

"Stop! It's a trap!" Bree shouted in warning. "Retreat!"

Ara got back to her feet after recovering and activated her cryokinesis. Ice shot out at the criminal and he activated a force field to repel it.

Ara's face screwed up a bit and I assumed that she was trying to use mind control. For a moment, the criminal faltered, but then he put his hands to his temple and said the dreaded words:

"Connect to Ara Carter."

Ara's eyes turned green and I realized he hadn't been using the Override App; no, he was using the Triton App.

Allison and Leo showed up at the door.

"Attack," Kabuki (that's my new nickname for him) ordered Ara. She edged forward dangerously and shoved her hands out. Ice points pinned Leo to the wall and were coming closer to killing him by the second.

"Ara? Why are you doing this?" Alli asked frightfully.

"She's being controlled!" I told her. "You don't have enough time to talk her out of it!"

Allison began to prepare to fight her sister, but then Kabuki turned to her. "Join us," he sneered. "Connect to Allison Carter."

Allison's eyes turned green as well and she sided with Ara.

"And last but not least," Kabuki went on, "Connect to Arly Carter."

As her eyes glowed, Arly's cage flew open and she walked over to join her sisters smoothly.

Leo struggled against the ice that Ara had cast. It had went from being sharp and dangerous to freezing him to the wall.

We were all trapped, with our best friends and lovers pitted against us.

"How about we make this fun?" Kabuki waved him hand, and suddenly the warehouse went on lockdown. The windows slammed shut with steel coverings, the door we had come in through now blended in with the wall, and the only light was a shoddy fluorescent above us. Our cages opened with a hiss and we all stepped out cautiously. "Ara, release your victim," Kabuki ordered.

Ara did as she was told and reversed the ice. Leo fell to the floor and was up in a flash.

"I'm going to kill you for what you did to her," Adam said dangerously, gritting his teeth. He was clearly angry. Bree and I looked at each other and stepped back a little.

"Ara, would you like to have the pleasure of annihilating Captain Dumbass?"

Ara didn't even answer. She walked over in front of Adam and stared him down, not even doing anything at first. Adam seemed hesitant.

"Ara, it's me, Adam. Your one and only. You love me no matter how stupid I am, remember?"

Her eyes flickered but no avail. Frost began to form between her fingers as she prepared for a blast.

"Chase, do what you did for me and Adam and use your override app!" Bree whispered.

"I can try..." I felt uneasy. A little sick to my stomach. But I did it anyways. "Connect to Ara Carter."

Kabuki' eyes flew to mine. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Ara collapsed beside me and I knew I had fixed her. Adam rushed forward and picked her up, sitting her up on top of a cage. "Ara, please wake up, please..."

"She'll be fine, Adam," I heard Bree try to soothe him.

"Allison, attack!"

Allison supersped forward and ran right into Leo, knocking him backwards. She then used her moisture manipulation and shot out pressurized water at him. Leo fell to the ground and curled into a ball.

And he says he's tough enough to go on missions!

"Connect to Allison Carter." My Override App connected and Allison fell to the ground, just as Ara had. Leo noticed and weakly put his hand in hers.

"Arly, you take Chase. I want Bree to my own."

"Why do you want me, creep?" Bree scoffed, preparing to battle.

Arly used her electricity bolts and blasted me. When I hit the wall, I hit my head really hard. When I fell to the ground, I said one last thing before passing out.

"Connect to Arly."

Hopefully it worked.

BREE'S POV
Adam and I were the only ones still conscious as I saw Arly fall in the corner.

"Adam, help me!" I shouted.

As Adam took my side, the man in the cloak held up a finger. "You're mine."

He brought back his hand and unveiled himself.

Marcus.

(A/N: You're lucky. I was going to cut the chapter off there, but there's more I need to write for it.)

"Marcus?!" Adam and I questioned in shock.

"You're so dead!" Adam shouted, preparing his blast wave. It was then that Marcus shot electricity bolts at his neck, which most likely passed through his chip and caused it to fry.

"Adam!" I cried as he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Consider him dead, Bree," Marcus said menacingly as he advanced onto me. "And consider yourself mine."

ALLISON'S POV
I didn't know how long it had been since I had passed out. Hours could've passed. Maybe minutes.

The room took a moment to come into focus. "Is everyone okay?" I called out. Chase groaned.

"I'm fine," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Everything's spinning," Ara cooed.

"What happened?" Arly asked out loud, standing up and looking around.

It was then I realized that I had no memory of what had happened to lead up to this. "I don't know."

Leo practically pulled me down again because he was using me as a prop to get up. "Some guy had you under the Triton App and was using you as weapons. Where is he, anyway?"

"Lord knows," Chase mumbled. He noticed Adam, laying on the floor. "Adam, you okay?"

"I feel like throwing up, but otherwise, I'm good."

"That's everyone, except...we're missing someone."

"Marcus," Adam said with anger. "He took Bree!"

"It was Marcus? How? I thought he was dead?!" Leo exclaimed.

Arly stepped forward. "I'm sorry, who?"

"Old friend, new enemy," Chase said.

"All I know is that he unveiled himself as Marcus," Adam relayed. "And then I passed out. He must've taken Bree while we were all down."

"Well, what now?" Ara asked. "I mean, we have to rescue Bree, but how?"

Chase looked defeated. "I don't know."

//I hope I crushed your feelings. ~Phoenix