Body Language

ARA'S POV

Things were finally getting back to normal. I woke up safely in my bed, my sisters in the two others, sound asleep.

I got up and stretched a little, and then looked at the clock. Two hours before class starts. I shook my sisters awake. "If you guys get up and move," I declared, "we'll have time to visit."

Arly shot up. "Chase said he'd take us to the Experiment Lab to take us through a proper tour of it," she said excitedly. "Oh, by the way, he found out about the whole time travel thing. He hid the watch."

I giggled. "I should've known I wouldn't have gotten away with it. Anyway, let's get moving!"

We all dressed into our ugly suits. Did I mention how unfashionable they are? I have? Well it needs to be said again. We all put our hair into ponytails and ran out the door, straight up to the mentors' headquarters.

Chase was already awake. "Wow, you guys actually want to do that tour, huh?"

We nodded. "Yes sir!"

He chuckled. "Don't call me sir. Just call me Chase. Alright, follow me."

"Hey, I wanna come!" Adam stepped from his capsule and Bree followed.

"Yeah, me too!"

Leo rose up from the couch. "You don't even get a choice."

Chase seemed a little irritated. "Okay, let's go."

We all looked at each other and shrugged, and then made way to follow behind him like ducklings. A few minutes later, we were in the lab and Chase had begun presenting what Davenport called the Davenpainter. Apparently, it painted anything you constructed in your mind at lightning speed.

"That's so boring!" Adam exclaimed, waving it off. "Show them the cooler stuff, like his body switching prototype!"

"Body switching prototype?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

Chase gave in. "Yes, Mr. Davenport has been working on a body switching device. But like Adam said, it's a prototype, so it probably has tons of glitches."

What he didn't know was that Leo had gone to get a closer look. "What does this button do?" he wondered out loud. Chase jumped out of the way as Leo pressed it and a beam shot out, hitting me and Adam.

I didn't really feel anything, but I saw a bright light, and the next thing I knew, everything was back to normal. Besides the fact that I felt taller.

ARLY'S POV

"Nothing happened," Adam said. Except, his voice sounded like Ara's.

Everyone jumped back.

"What?"

"Ara, I don't mean to alarm you," Chase began, his voice high. "But I think you're in Adam's body and he's in yours."

Slowly, Ara moved her head to the right and looked at herself.

"Sweet!" I heard Adam say through Ara's mouth. "Boobs!" He then pulled the shirt out and looked down at Ara's chest.

Ara smacked him.

"Ow! Learn to control my superstrength!" he exclaimed, rubbing his/Ara's arm.

"Fix this, nerd!" I shouted at Chase.

Chase then whirled to face Leo. "You Leo'd this up!"

"I told you not to use my name as a verb!" Leo retorted.

"Adam, stop looking at my boobs!" Ara snapped, smacking him again.

"Chase, stop blaming people and fix it!" Bree demanded. "Or I go get Davenport!"

Chase looked beat. "We'll have to. Since this is the prototype, it has its glitches, and we can't risk them getting trapped inside each other's bodies!"

"Okay, Adam, I don't mean to be rude, I mean, I love you and all, but I don't want to be so intimate that we share bodies," Ara said. "And stop being a pervert!"

"Fine," Adam obliged, putting his hands up.

"Mr. Davenport should be on the mainland. Let's go," Chase instructed. We made way to go to the hydroloop and after a short five minutes, we arrived at the mainland.

"Tasha, where's Davenport?" Bree asked once we stepped into their house. I could barely hide my awe. This place was awesome!

"Out searching for new equipment. He won't be back for a while. Why? And who are these kids?"

Ara/Adam went to open her mouth but Leo cut her off. "Students. They need help with...studying! It's because they're really dumb."

Allison looked at Leo threateningly. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "Well, if you need us, we'll be waiting down in the lab!"

Leo ushered us all to an elevator which dropped extremely fast. With a clang we were at what I assumed was the lab.

"Welcome to our lab," Leo introduced.

"Otherwise known as 'Prison' for fifteen years," Bree deadpanned.

"Delightful," I replied sarcastically.

Ara and Adam tried to talk to each other normally. "So..."

"So..."

"It feels better to be the taller one for once. I used to be the shortest!" Ara confessed. Adam tried to hop. It wasn't working.

"Well, at least I can do this!" Adam leapt onto Ara/his own back and latched on in piggy-back ride style. He clapped his hands over his/Ara's eyes.

"Ahh!" she howled.

"What is going on in here?" A man with spiky hair and with looks similar to Chase's appeared in the doorway.

Adam stopped covering Ara's vision and jumped off.

"Douglas—you're here!" Chase exclaimed. Maybe you could help us with Davenport's invention—it may have or may have not switched Adam and his girlfriend's bodies.

"What?! Why would you mess with an invention like that?" Douglas asked.

We all turned to Leo and pointed at him. He hung his head in defeat.

"I Leo'd things up."

"Well, lucky for you, it's not just Davenport's invention, it's mine too. We were working on it together, and I know how to reverse things," Douglas gloated. "Finally, I'm helping the kids solve their problems. Adam—um, and..."

"Ara."

"Adam and Ara, both of you step two capsules."

They followed Douglas's command.

"Now, place your feet in even separation—"

"Smaller words please," Adam begged.

"Put feet even on each side. Now, press your hands on each side of the capsule."

They started vibrating for a moment and then burst out of their capsules.

"Did it work?" Adam asked, his voice now coming from his own mouth.

"It worked!" Ara sighed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try and find a way to erase the image of my boobs from your brain."

Adam sighed. "Whyyyy?" he whined like a five year old.

"You're such a pervert!" I exclaimed.

He grinned. "I know."

***

ALLISON'S POV

There are no words to describe how interesting today had been, really. Adam and Ara switched bodies, which was new and also weird.

"I have no words for this," Ara said distantly in her dorm.

"He saw your boobs."

"I'm aware."

After a few minutes of silence, it seemed to hit Ara with a fresh wave of realization.

"He saw. My boobs! I'm going to kill him!"