Reunited

When we returned to the present, we felt relieved.

"Wait, one question. Why did you and Chase kiss?" I asked Arly.

Arly twisted the hem of her shirt. "Turns out there never was a rule!" she burst. "Chase though real school rules applied here!"

My heart basically exploded and I felt as though a balloon was rising in my chest.

Allison smiled and stepped forward, taking my hands gently. "Go to him," she said softly.

I smiled at both of them and then took off running, out of the Experiment lab. I felt like I had superspeed, I was going so fast. I flew up the stairs and burst into the mentors' headquarters, happy to see that Adam was still there.

"Adam!" I shouted excitedly. I leapt across the room and jumped into his arms with so much force we ended up on the ground.

"Whoa!" he smiled. "What's up?"

I took him by the face and kissed him with so much love flowing through my veins. This was the happiest I'd been in a long time.

When we broke apart, Adam was smiling even more. "Seriously, what's going on?"

"Davenport said there never was a rule! We can be together!" I announced.

This time, it was his turn. Adam had our positions flipped in a split second and kissed me deeply. I'm not gonna lie, I felt a tongue slip every few moments.

We separated, out of breath. "I love you."

He smiled even wider. "I love you too."

***

ARLY'S POV

My sisters and I sat on each of our beds, legs criss-crossed, and then there was also Leo. Allison had invited him, and they were snuggling together on her bed. They were so cute together! And also, Bree was here as well. She had really started fitting in with us. She was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room.

"I called you guys here tonight because I wanted to talk to you about personal feelings," I announced, folding my hands like so. "I want to talk about my feelings about Chase."

Instead of reacting with disgust, Bree leaned forward. "Please tell me you're going to become my sister-in-law?"

I giggled. "I hope. Listen. Chase and I have grown very...intimate." I looked over slyly and saw Ara blushing.

'Don't you dare say anything about what you saw!' she thought into my brain.

'Oh, why would I?' I thought sarcastically.

"Anyways," I continued on out loud. "I've visited him every few days for study sessions and we seem to have grown close from that," I told them. "I now announce that we are dating."

"We, too, are now date official," Leo piped up, smiling and looking at Allison lovingly. He planted a kiss on her cheek.

"So you're going to become my sister-in-law too?" Bree asked Alli.

"Hopefully," she responded quietly.

Ara bit her lip. "I will be too."

"Will? That's some determination."

Ara and I looked at each other, both replaying the moments from the future in our heads.

"Yeah, it's totally just determination," we said together.

"So, as I was saying, I feel very fond of Chase and I have to count on you all to support me."

"Of course," they all said at the same time, followed up with, "Whoa" together, again.

"Well, this feels official then," I said dreamily. "In fact, I'm going to kiss him just because I want to."

"You go girl!" Ara cheered

I marched right out of the room, going straight in for the kiss.

A girl could get used to this.

***

ALLISON'S POV

Leo kept giving me small kisses and rocking us back and forth. After Arly left, we all became occupied with our own things—Leo was my main focus, and Bree and Ara were talking.

"Where do you want to go for our first date?" he asked.

"Anywhere you want," I told him.

"How about we go to my house?" he asked. "I mean, you've never seen it before, and Davenport has all this crazy stuff..."

I laughed. "Alright, sure." I pecked him on the lips. "I like this, what you and I have."

He grinned. "Yeah, me too."

***

ARA'S POV

That night, I was the last person to crawl into bed. Leo was bunking in with Allison.

Chase was also in here as well, cuddling Arly.

Basically, everyone had their significant partner with them except me, and that was okay.

I shut my eyes to go to sleep.

Just my luck, though, I had a nightmare, and I woke up drenched in sweat, thrashing in my sheets. Surprisingly, I hadn't woke up anyone.

I crept out of bed and tiptoed out into the hallway, and then made my way to the mentors' headquarters. Adam was asleep in his capsule. I brought over some pillows and made myself a small area to sleep. "Goodnight," I whispered, and laid my head down.

***

UNKNOWN'S POV

She had ruined me so many times. Now, I was ready to get rid of her for good.

I towered over a sleeping Ara and then leaned down and put a cloth with that sickly-sweet orange stuff on it in her mouth, which should knock her out for another couple of hours. I had my partner pick her up and help me load her in a crate, and then we did something that only seemed possible in movies.

We set her out to sea.

Laughing, my partner and I high-fived and we carried on with our lives like nothing had happened.

Now that Ara was out of the picture, it was my turn.

You see that title? It isn't the complete title.

The complete title was: "Reunited (and Ripped Apart)"

Anyways, enjoy the agony! I mean—enjoy the mystery!